Career-defining opportunity to join one of the largest integrated healthcare systems in the Northeast as the Provider Practice, Emergency Services Director at Baystate Health
- The Provider Practice, Emergency Services Director operates as an administrative partner to the medical leaders at Baystate Health, focusing on program development and patient experience.
- The Director will strengthen efficiency by optimizing workflows, exploring new technology solutions and standardizing practices.
- Top priorities for the Director include patient access, throughput, quality metrics and building service lines.
- This leader is responsible for department finances, such as proper documentation of revenues, identifying new sources of funding, coordination with the compensation team and operating budget.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required.
- Registered Nurse, MBA or MPH or other Health Care related Masters preferred.
- 7+ years of leadership experience in a related field in a complex organization with demonstrated skill in strategic planning, organizational leadership, and financial management including revenue cycle, operational change, project management and practice management is required.
- Demonstrated experience with information management systems, clinical and business process redesign and use of information technology required.
- Must have previous healthcare background leading service line development, administration or business operations for a health system or medical group.
- Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated healthcare systems, serving more than 800,000 people throughout western Massachusetts.
- With about 12,000 employees, a 1,200-member medical staff, and net patient service revenue of more than $2.3 billion, this dynamic and growing system includes an academic medical center, a children’s hospital and three community hospitals.
- It also offers a large multispecialty group, (Baystate Medical Practices), Baystate Home Health, Baystate Reference Laboratories, and Health New England, a 205,000-member health insurance company.
- Springfield, Massachusetts, is New England’s fourth largest city, perhaps best known as the birthplace of basketball and home of the Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Resting along the banks of the Connecticut River, Springfield, Massachusetts, is located on the southern doorstep of the Pioneer Valley in Western Massachusetts, a region that's loved by outdoorsy types for its natural beauty and abundant hiking trails.
- Springfield is about three hours from New York City, 90 minutes from Boston and roughly 30 minutes from Hartford, Connecticut.