Join Western Massachusetts’ largest integrated health system as Director of Environmental Services with system-level responsibility and oversight of 300+ FTEs
- The Director of Environmental Services/Linen provides system-wide leadership and drives best-in-class delivery for all environmental, linen, and transport services that support three-million-square-feet of physical space.
- Reporting to the Senior Director of Hospitality, the Director oversees 11 direct reports and 300+ FTEs.
- Overall department responsibility for financial and contract management, vendor relations, staffing, regulatory compliance, employee training and development, patient experience, and procurement.
- The ideal leader will bring a collaborative approach to create partnerships across the health system, engage the team and create energy around a shared vision, and mentor department leadership.
- Ensure the provision of high quality and cost-effective services through utilizing evidence-based best practices and monthly reports/dashboards to measure service levels, budget, quality metrics, and staffing.
- Must bring 5+ years of relevant management experience in an acute care healthcare setting.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- With roots dating to the founding of Springfield Hospital in 1883, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate healthcare in the Pioneer Valley for more than 140 years.
- Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated healthcare systems, serving more than 800,000 people throughout Western Massachusetts.
- With nearly 13,000 employees, a 1,200-member medical staff, and net patient service revenue of more than $2.3 billion, this dynamic and growing system includes an academic medical center, a children’s hospital and three community hospitals. It also offers a large multispecialty group, (Baystate Medical Practices), Baystate Home Health, Baystate Reference Laboratories, and Health New England, a 205,000-member health insurance company.
- As an integrated academic health system, the advancement of knowledge is a major component of their mission. Serving as the regional campus of the UMass Chan Medical School – Baystate, they educate and train current and future caregivers – preparing much of their region’s health care workforce to meet patients’ needs for years to come.
- Springfield, Massachusetts, is New England’s fourth largest city, perhaps best known as the birthplace of basketball and home of the Basketball Hall of Fame.
- All the various recreational and employment opportunities that Springfield offers are within easy reach of other major East Coast metro areas. Springfield is about three hours from New York City, 90 minutes from Boston, and roughly 30 minutes from Hartford, Connecticut.
- Resting along the banks of the Connecticut River, Springfield, Massachusetts, is located on the southern doorstep of the Pioneer Valley in Western Massachusetts, a region that is renowned for its rich culture and loved by outdoorsy types for its natural beauty and abundant hiking trails.
- The city has no shortage of attractions from hip and music-oriented eateries to museums, a New England outpost of Six Flags, and MGM Springfield. There are museums, galleries, and gardens focusing on virtually every art form you can imagine and paying tribute to artists and authors like Emily Dickinson, Dr. Seuss, Eric Carle, and Norman Rockwell.