Oversee the strategic direction and growth of the Heart & Vascular and Neurosciences service lines at Baystate Health; a five hospital system in Springfield, MA!
The Vice President, Heart & Vascular and Neurosciences in conjunction with the service line VP/Medical Directors will establish the strategic direction for the Heart & Vascular and Neuroscience service lines across Baystate Health (BH) and throughout the region. He/she is responsible for the operational implementation of these strategies and associated plans and will facilitate the alignment, integration and teamwork of service lines to ensure optimal care of patients. Partnering with the service line VP/Medical Directors, the VP is responsible for the development and implementation of the service line plan, driving service line development, growth, and improving operations in quality and processes throughout the continuum of care. This executive will also collaborate with providers to adopt and incorporate quality and patient/team experience initiatives and increase physician/hospital alignment. The Vice President will manage revenue budgets of approximately $288 million and will have staff oversight of approximately 843 FTEs.
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated healthcare systems, serving more than 800,000 people throughout western Massachusetts. With about 12,000 employees, a 1,200-member medical staff, and net patient service revenue of more than $2.3 billion, this dynamic and growing system includes an academic medical center, a children’s hospital and three community hospitals. It also includes a large multispecialty group, (Baystate Medical Practices), Baystate Home Health, Baystate Reference Laboratories, and Health New England, a 205,000-member health insurance company.
- A Master’s Degree required; RN Degree preferred. A strong preference toward previous clinical experience.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of service line experience including operational functions within a major academic medical center, complex tertiary hospital or health system. Preference for heart and vascular and/or neurosciences services experience.
- A demonstrated track record of success in a large-scale clinical practice environment.
- Solid track record of success in establishing positive, effective physician relationships.
- Demonstrated record of success in growing programs and service volume.
This search is being led by the Executive and Physician Leadership Search Group of AMN Leadership Solutions, a division of AMN Healthcare. AMN Healthcare is the leader and innovator in total talent solutions for healthcare organizations across the nation.