Exciting opportunity for a servant leader to support an efficient, team-oriented perioperative department as the next Director at Mercy Medical Center, a member of one of the nation's largest Catholic health systems
- The Director of Perioperative Services is responsible for driving Operating Room efficiency, developing a skillful perioperative clinical team and structuring the department to best serve patients of Mercy Medical Center
- Key goals for the Director include establishing credibility and a positive reputation for the department, providing stability, resolving space issues, holding the team accountable and minimizing delays
- Scope includes 15 ORs, PACU, Sterile Processing, Endoscopy, pre-/post-op and Interventional Radiology
- Must have significant OR leadership experience and a proven record of effective team building
- Minimum BSN required, Master’s preferred
- CNOR preferred
- Mercy Medical Center is a 182-bed acute care hospital in Springfield and has established itself as one of the leading providers of health care services in Western Massachusetts.
- In 2015, Mercy Medical Center became part of Trinity Health Of New England, an integrated health care delivery system that is a member of Trinity Health, Livonia, Michigan, one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation serving communities in 22 states.
- Trinity Health Of New England is comprised of world-class providers and facilities dedicated to the full spectrum of preventive, acute, and post-acute care, all delivered with the triple aim of better health, better care, and lower costs for our patient populations.
- In New England, Trinity Health’s hospitals, walk-in clinics, medical offices, specialized facilities, affiliated institutions, and foundations serve a population of nearly 3 million people.
- Springfield, Massachusetts, is New England’s fourth largest city, perhaps best known as the birthplace of basketball and home of the Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Resting along the banks of the Connecticut River, Springfield, Massachusetts, is located on the southern doorstep of the Pioneer Valley in Western Massachusetts, a region that's loved by outdoorsy types for its natural beauty and abundant hiking trails.
- Springfield is about three hours from New York City, 90 minutes from Boston and roughly 30 minutes from Hartford, Connecticut.