Join Mount Nittany as the Assistant Controller with this permanent, on-site opportunity to drive strong Accounting Leadership and Operational Finance in beautiful State College, Pennsylvania!
- The Assistant Controller will be responsible for the oversight of financial operations while demonstrating financial stewardship that resembles Mount Nittany’s patient-centered standards of excellence.
- Reporting to the Director System Controller, the Assistant Controller will prioritize the strategic planning throughout the department to ensure that they are innovating the current processes implemented to positively impact the direction of the department.
- This leader will demonstrate positive working relationships with multiple departments and will encourage collaboration to guarantee consistent communication and transparency as it pertains to financial standings/processes.
- The Assistant Controller will monitor and maintain systematic functions throughout the department including payroll, accounting, and accounts payable to maintain accuracy and will implement correctional actions when necessary.
- Seeking a forward-thinking leader with the willingness to learn to positively impact the financial growth within both the department, as well as the organization.
- Ideal candidates will bring a strong technical accounting background in addition to technological skills including Microsoft Software, Electronic Medical Records (EMR), and automatic processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field required. Master’s degree and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification is preferred. Will also accept Charted Financial Analyst (CFA) and/or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) certifications.
- Mount Nittany Medical Center is a 260-bed acute care facility offering medical, surgical, diagnostic and community services.
- Mount Nittany Physician Group, a group of more than 170 healthcare providers, across more than 30 specialties in 17 convenient locations and is one of the region’s top places to work and employs about 1,400 skilled healthcare professionals and support staff.
- Mount Nittany Medical Center has received three national quality awards for excellence in stroke care, including the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get with The Guidelines® program: Stroke Gold Plus award, Get with The Guidelines® program: Target: Stroke™ Elite, and Get With The Guidelines® program: Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll, for excellence in care given to stroke patients that also have type 2 diabetes.
- Mount Nittany Health is a 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit healthcare organization, governed by a board of directors, with representation from Mount Nittany Physician Group, Mount Nittany Medical Center, Mount Nittany Health Foundation, physicians and community leaders.
- All patients are treated with dignity and respect with a commitment to a service excellence philosophy that strives to meet or exceed patient expectations. Patients receive a uniform standard of care throughout all of our facilities, regardless of social, cultural, financial, religious, racial, gender, or sexual orientation factors.
- State College, Pennsylvania, is home to Penn State University, giving residents easy access to all the cultural, entertainment, and collegiate sporting events offered by the University.
- State College is a one-of-a-kind place to live with great downtown shopping, restaurants, and community attractions.
- Residents are under three hours from Pittsburgh, PA and only a short train ride from New York City and Philadelphia. State College is also home to University Park Airport, a regional airport that offers nonstop flights to major metropolitan cities and travel hubs.
- The area’s attractions take you from high in the sky in a glider plane to down underground in one of a few caverns. You will not be left wanting for fun things to do in and near State College, on the Penn State campus, Boalsburg, Bellefonte, or other towns within Centre County. If you want to relax to have a drink, check out the Central PA Tasting Trail for unique and local beverages.
- If sports are your go-to, Penn State competes in the NCAA and Big Ten Conference and the State College Spikes play in short season Single-A baseball from June-September. In fact, the football stadium becomes the fourth largest city in Pennsylvania on Penn State football game days.