Senior Director Opportunity with Leadership for Two Campuses’ Care Coordination Services
- The Senior Director, Case Management is the administrative and strategic leader for all inpatient care coordination services across Staten Island University Hospital’s two campuses.
- Reporting to the Associate Executive Director of Operations, the Senior Director provides oversight for a team of 80+ FTEs and will chair various committees and programs to facilitate excellence in care coordination.
- Additional responsibilities include metric development and measurement, budget management, implementing best practices and operational efficiencies, and regulatory compliance.
- Seeking a visible leader with an expert understanding of case management who will serve as the liaison between medical providers and across departments to navigate the most appropriate level of patient care and transition plans.
- Must bring 7+ years of relevant management experience.
- RN required. Master’s degree preferred, and must have either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Nursing.
- With two campuses and 668 beds, Staten Island University Hospital is the borough’s major teaching hospital and one of the New York metropolitan area’s largest. As part of Northwell Health, the hospital has access to the vast resources of New York's largest health system, while remaining firmly entrenched and engaged in its local community.
- Additionally, the hospital is Staten Island’s largest employer with 7,000 positions. The medical/dental staff comprises more than 1,000 physicians and dentists who practice in 40+ specialties and subspecialties and in a growing number of centers of care.
- The 17-acre North campus houses Staten Island’s most modern emergency department, a state-of-the-art education center, and a medical arts pavilion. The South campus boasts its own emergency department and offers a range of specialty programs, including geriatric psychiatry, behavioral health care, and substance abuse services.
- After 155 years, Staten Island University Hospital continues to earn public and peer recognition for quality care. In 2020, U.S. News & World Report recognized the hospital as a “Best Regional Hospital” in New York and as high performing in nine procedure areas.
- Staten Island is one of New York City’s five boroughs, located less than thirty minutes from Manhattan. Boasting more than 9,300 acres of parkland, it has earned a nickname as the greenest borough.
- Staten Island has miles of beaches along its eastern shore and incredible views of New York Harbor and Raritan Bay. Throughout the year, Staten Island offers a variety of activities for everyone: historic landmark sites such as Smithsonian Affiliate Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden and Alice Austen House, to peaceful parks including Conference House Park and the oldest settlement Historic Richmond Town.
- New York City, one of the most widely-recognized cities in the United States, holds many of our nation’s most iconic sites including the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, Central Park, Times Square, and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. From quaint shops in the West Village to fine dining on the Upper West Side, there is a dish for every palette in this city.