Innovate pharmacy services as you join Crouse Hospital in Syracuse, NY, a unique community-based healthcare organization, and take on the role of Director of Pharmacy!
- The Director of Pharmacy will serve as the supervising pharmacist and will direct the medications systems and clinical pharmacy services throughout Crouse Hospital.
- Reporting directly to the Chief Medical Officer, the Director of Pharmacy will oversee inpatient clinical and operational activities while developing strategies and driving innovative and effective change within the pharmacy.
- The Director will ensure optimal delivery of pharmacy services and compliance initiatives in preparation for DNV accreditation and will be responsible for optimal patient care, medication errors, onboarding, and departmental competencies.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong, goal-oriented leader with operational experience that is self-directed and has high expectations and the drive to be successful. Additionally, acute care experience within a pharmaceutical setting will be essential to the success of the department.
- This leader must excel in fostering relatable leadership and maintaining strong engagement with the staff, and will seek ways to continue improvement in collaboration, communication, and employee engagement.
- Seeking a clinical business leader who is dedicated to leading pharmaceutical services while being passionately engaged in their profession to ensure optimal performance and growth throughout the pharmacy.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; master’s degree is preferred.
- Active New York State Pharmacy license is highly preferred; If not actively licensed in New York State, ability to obtain license is required.
- A minimum of five years of pharmacy experience within an acute care setting is required.
- Previous experience with outpatient or specialty pharmacy services are strongly preferred.
- Founded in 1887, Crouse Hospital is a 506-bed not-for-profit hospital that serves more than 20,000 patients throughout their Central and Northern New York communities.
- Crouse Hospital offers a wide variety of services and specialties including Cancer Care, Emergency Services, Urology, Orthopedics, Neurology, Women’s Services, and Robotic Surgery.
- Serving as an active organization within the community, Crouse Hospital offers multiple outreach programs including community partnerships, charity care, and financial benefits and also organizes several wellness-outreach programs including health screenings, blood drives, and health education initiatives.
- Crouse has been recognized by the American Heart/Stroke Association and was awarded the Stroke Quality Achievement Award. Additionally, Crouse Hospital has most recently been given recognition for Type 2 Diabetes Honor Role and is named as an Antimicrobial Stewardship Center of Excellence.
- Syracuse, New York is part of the Central New York Finger Lakes region, which is recognized as a culturally diverse community with excellent schools, affordable housing, numerous recreational and social activities, and beautiful seasonal weather.
- Syracuse is known to be vibrant arts and entertainment scene, and offers a wide variety of art galleries, museums, theatres, and live music. Enjoy the Museum of Science and Technology, The Everson Museum of Art, or catch a show at the Landmark Theatre.
- If you’re hungry, you’re in luck. Syracuse is home to a wide array of culinary experiences including steak from 110 Grill, Seafood from 317 at Montgomery Street, or brick-oven pizza from Pavone's Pizza. If you’re looking for drinks, Syracuse offers multiple breweries and pubs including Al’s Wine & Whiskey Lounge, A.W Wander, or 1911 Established.
- Syracuse is home to multiple colleges and universities but is best known as being the home of Syracuse University. In addition to higher education, Syracuse also offers more than one-dozen public and private school districts for school-aged children.