Seeking an Interim Physician Executive to oversee Hospitalist Medicine for four system hospitals
- The Interim Physician Executive is a system-level leader, responsible for Hospital Medicine and the supervision of Hospitalist Medical Directors
- The Interim will work with the Directors hospital CMOs to improve key metric areas including length of stay, readmissions and overall performance
- Identify ways to improve culture, elevate the hospitalist program and integrate data analytics as a useful tool in hospital medicine
- The Interim Physician Executive has a background in family medicine, internal medicine or pediatrics and must be eligible for licensing in the state of Washington
- Must have previous experience overseeing multiple healthcare facilities
- Ideal leaders are well-versed in budgeting, physician leadership, change management and data analytics
- MD/DO required, MDA or MHA in addition to medical degree is a plus
- Tacoma is perfectly situated along the saltwater banks of the Puget Sound and is the third largest city in the state of Washington
- From the waters of the Puget Sound to towering Mount Rainier, Tacoma, Washington, is a haven for exploring the great outdoors
- The city offers an assortment of attractions including historic theaters and local playhouses, mesmerizing art museums, trendy boutiques and antique shops, and top-notch golf courses ideally situated along salt-water shores
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; 401(k) retirement plan; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B. E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!