Embark on an exciting opportunity with Saint Joseph Medical Center, nestled in the picturesque surroundings of Tacoma, Washington as they seek out a Critical Care Manager to join their team!
- The Critical Care Manager will play a pivotal role in overseeing the daily operations of the Neurology, Trauma ICU, and PCU departments within a 32-bed, Level II Trauma Center.
- In collaboration with the Director of Critical Care, this leader will operate within a dyad leadership model, partnering with a supporting manager to manage and lead a dynamic team of approximately 120 FTEs.
- Responsibilities will extend beyond routine operations to instill stability in the department, providing mentorship to new staff and exemplifying best practices. Additionally, this leader will spearhead initiatives such as reviewing Joint Commission results, pinpointing areas for process enhancement, and help reduce reliance on travel staff.
- Ideal candidates will have a robust understanding of neurology and critical care practices. Previous Manager or Charge Nurse experience preferred, knowledge of EPIC is a plus. Effective communication, collaboration skills, and an approachable leadership style are essential qualities for this role.
- ASN required; BSN preferred.
- Active RN license required.
- Must possess a minimum of three years’ experience and clinical knowledge in the same or similar clinical specialty, and two years’ experience as a charge nurse or similar leadership role.
- CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. Founded by religious women, both health systems have a long, proud legacy of serving all people in need, especially those who’ve been made vulnerable by poverty, age, and other hardships.
- The seeds for Virginia Mason Franciscan Health were planted in 1891, when the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia established St. Joseph Hospital, now known as St. Joseph Medical Center, in Tacoma.
- St. Joseph Medical Center is a 400-bed non-profit hospital, and Level II Trauma Center, providing quality health care to patients and communities in and around Tacoma, Washington.
- St. Joseph Medical Center’s on-site services include: family birth center, emergency services, cancer center, heart care, orthopedics care, neuro science services, as well as a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services.
- From the waters of the Puget Sound to towering Mount Rainier, Tacoma, Washington is a haven for exploring the great outdoors.
- The city offers an assortment of attractions including historic theaters and local playhouses, mesmerizing art museums, trendy boutiques and antique shops, and top-notch golf courses ideally situated along salt-water shores.
- Have some free time to spare Explore Seattle when you get the chance, just under an hour north of Tacoma.
- Thrill and adventure isn’t limited to only Seattle; you can also explore Washington’s 120 state parks, three national parks, six national forests, 18 national wildlife refuges, or the nation.