Lead Operations as SVP COO for an 11 hospital, $3.7B net revenue, integrated health system in the state of Washington!
This is a key senior management job responsible for planning, directing and administratively coordinating the operations of the Pacific Northwest Division of CommonSpirit Health, including Virginia Mason Franciscan Health System (VMFH), Franciscan Medical Group, Mercy Medical Center in Roseburg, OR, and St. Anthony Hospital in Pendleton, OR, in accordance with mission and business objectives and applicable regulatory requirements. The Chief Operating Officer reports to and provides operational advice and expertise to the Chief Executive Officer, Virginia Mason Franciscan Health and President, Pacific Northwest Division, CommonSpirit Health. Also provides general administrative support for the effective overall management of VMFH.
This role provides vision, leadership, and executive oversight for divisional, multi-hospital operations. Ensures the coordination and integration of the organization's strategy in all operational areas to achieve high quality health care service, delivery, efficiency, patient satisfaction, financial performance, and resource management. Balances short term operating needs with long term strategy.
The COO will represent the organization for all operational areas of responsibility. Is the liaison to CommonSpirit Health (CSH), recognizing matrixed relationships as applicable, and represents the organization's interests and needs in functional areas of responsibility, as well as ensuring the goals and strategies of CSH are represented and integrated as appropriate. The COO will partner with members of the executive team as well as counterparts internal and external to the health system to build collaborative relationships, stay abreast of the competition and industry advances to successfully advance and navigate change.
On January 5, 2021 the formation of Virginia Mason Franciscan Health (VMFH) was announced, bringing together CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason, two of the Pacific Northwest’s leading health care organizations – each with more than a century of delivering high-quality care to communities. As part of CommonSpirit Health, the parent company of Virginia Mason Franciscan Health, the new integrated health system will increase access to care throughout the region with hundreds of patient care sites across western Washington and Oregon. With a focus on expanding patient access points and developing innovative models of care delivery that enhance quality and the patient experience, the new organization will make it easier for patients to get the personalized care they need.
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health produces $3.7B in net revenue and operates 11 hospitals and nearly 300 sites of care, including primary and specialty care clinics, same-day surgery centers, Benaroya Research Institute, Bailey-Boushay House and Virginia Mason Institute. The organization will employ more than 18,000 team members and staff, including nearly 5,000 employed physicians and affiliated providers.
- Master’s Degree in Health or Hospital Administration, Business Administration or a related field is required.
- Ten years of progressively responsible directly related work experience in a healthcare delivery organization, including a minimum of seven years in a leadership capacity is required.
- Direct experience in managing multiple aspects of healthcare delivery and/or operations is preferred.
- Multi-hospital experience is required, preferable in a large, integrated healthcare system.
- Experience with merger, acquisitions, and integrations preferred.
- Experience with integrated group practice.
- Open to both for profit and not for profit experience.
- Demonstrated success in operations and quality improvement efforts, cost management initiatives, and health system development and management.
- Experience in analyzing a competitive health care environment and developing and implementing strategic recommendations for improved market share in multi-faculty, healthcare system environment.
This search is being led by the Executive and Physician Leadership Search Group of AMN Leadership Solutions, a division of AMN Healthcare. AMN Healthcare is the leader and innovator in total talent solutions for healthcare organizations across the nation.