Join DCH Health System in Tuscaloosa, Alabama as the Director of Employee Relations!
- The Employee Relations Director will be accountable for overall operations, strategy and advancement of the HR Service Center, Employee Engagement and Employee Relations functions across the system.
- This collaborative and customer service oriented leader will serve as an internal consultant to staff, providers and management team on HR policy and procedures while developing and promoting new ways to foster employee engagement that bolster the values of the company.
- The ideal candidate possesses a healthcare background, understanding of HR Call Center and Employee Engagement best practices, and experience with Lean process improvement methodologies. Prior HR Business Partner experience is a plus.
- A seasoned leader, this individual will come with 10+ years of experience demonstrating leadership and expertise within a broad range of HR services.
- Bachelor’s required, Master’s preferred
- Under local ownership and leadership for more than 90 years, the DCH Health System has been providing quality and compassionate healthcare to the people of West Alabama and currently comprised of three hospitals totaling 800+ acute patient care beds in addition to 122 nursing home beds and nearly 5,000 total employees
- DCH Regional Medical Center, the flagship hospital, operates specialty units for pediatrics, orthopedics, cancer, and cardiology, as well as the region’s most advanced (and busiest) Level II trauma center and ICU
- Providing the latest in chemotherapy and radiation therapy, the Lewis and Faye Manderson Cancer Center at DCH Health System is the only cancer center in Alabama to be accredited by the American Society of Clinical Oncology
- The Long-term Care Facility at Fayette Medical Center has received the highest possible overall rating of five stars in U.S. News & World Report’s sixth annual “Best Nursing Homes” ranking for 2014
- Home to the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa is known as one of the top places to live, offering the excitement of SEC athletics, exposure to major industries, and easy access to both Atlanta and the panhandle beaches.
- This is an opportunity offering incredible stability for both you and your family in a beautiful, clean southern setting.
- Tuscaloosa has approximately 182,000 residents, is located along the banks of the Black Warrior River, and has appeared in Money magazine’s annual list of the country’s best places to live. The ranking is based on qualities most valued in a place to live as stated by Money magazine subscribers.
- The area offers many amenities of a larger urban area, yet maintains a small-town feel. It is renowned for folk art and the blues, but you can also find one of the great collections of American fine art and attend a symphony performance in a music hall with acoustics that rivals the best anywhere.