Opportunity to lead laboratory services across multiple hospitals and live near California’s beautiful vineyards and coast!
- The Multi-Site Laboratory Director will serve as the administrative leader for three hospital laboratories with responsibility for developing department goals and implementation plans to achieve established objectives.
- With direct oversight for three managers and 90+ total FTEs, the Multi-Site Director will serve as a visible resource to the laboratories and foster a culture of engagement, accountability, and customer service. Must be willing to engage with staff, collaborate across all levels of the organization, and partner with corporate leadership to drive operational efficiencies and achieve established department and system level objectives.
- The Multi-Site Director is responsible for ensuring optimal outcomes across all laboratories in the following areas: regulatory compliance, quality control, fiscal management, physician and cross-departmental partnerships, test methodologies and instrumentation, and daily operations and workflow.
- Ideal candidates will bring 7+ years of clinical laboratory experience, with 5+ years in a leadership role and preferably experience in California.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Active Clinical Laboratory Science (CLS) license required. Current certification from American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or National Credentialing Agency for Labs (NCA) preferred.
- The Multi-Site Laboratory Director is headquartered at Adventist Health Ukiah Valley and also serves Adventist Health Mendocino Coast and Adventist Health Howard Memorial.
- All hospitals are part of Adventist Health, a faith-inspired, nonprofit integrated health system serving more than 80 communities on the West Coast and Hawaii. The health system is transforming the American healthcare experience with an innovative, yet timeless, whole-person focus on physical, mental, spiritual, and social healing to support community well-being.
- Adventist Health Ukiah Valley is a 78-bed, nonprofit hospital that is the largest and most comprehensive healthcare facility in Mendocino County. As a Level IV Trauma Center, the hospital treats more than 25,000 patients in its emergency room, performs more than 5,000 surgical procedures in its hospital based and ambulatory surgery center, and delivers nearly 850 babies each year.
- Adventist Health Mendocino Coast is a 25-bed critical access hospital in Fort Bragg, California, with key service areas including a 24-hour emergency department, medical imaging, and cancer care.
- Adventist Health Howard Memorial is a 25-bed critical access hospital in Willits, California, that serves Mendocino County through a 24-hour emergency department, intensive care, laboratory, imaging, orthopedics, physical rehabilitation, surgery, and retail pharmacy.
- Thanks to tree-shaded streets, an inviting downtown, a vibrant cultural life, and a variety of reputable schools, Ukiah was once named California’s best small town—and the sixth best in the entire country. The largest city in Mendocino County, Ukiah is home to a bumper crop of Bartlett pears, Victorian architecture, and a distinctive laid-back vibe.
- With over 300 days of sunshine each year, Ukiah is a year-round paradise for outdoor adventure. Ukiah is a favorite destination for hiking, mountain biking, boating, river rafting, golf, and exploration. Hike and bike on a host of hiking trails in the western hills and Ukiah’s cycle-friendly streets, follow the signs to Lake Mendocino for outdoor recreation, or take a trek to the City of 10,000 Buddhas for some spiritual renewal.
- You can soak in natural beauty and mountain views, while being located two hours from Napa Valley and only three hours from Sacramento. Also known as the greenest wine region in America, Ukiah is surrounded by more than 20 organic wineries and acres of biodynamic vineyards.
- With 90+ miles of coastline, Mendocino County has a beach for everyone. The southern coastline is home to the great sweep of Manchester State Beach and just north is Bowling Ball Beach. A favorite with locals is the pristine cove at Jug Handle State Reserve.