Seeking Physician Leader to Oversee Mohawk Valley Health System’s Growing Family Medicine Residency Program as Director in Beautiful Area of Upstate New York!
- The Director of the Family Medicine Residency Program will lead all aspects of the growing and well-respected program, which totals 30 residents, at Mohawk Valley Health System.
- The Director will also oversee the Family Practice Center, in partnership with the Medical Director and Practice Manager.
- Total oversight includes approximately 100 FTEs.
- Focus areas of the Director include, but are not limited to, ensuring the program continues to meet all accreditation requirements, maintaining successful recruitment of strong program residents and faculty members, and serving as a visible leader for the program within the health system.
- Seeking physician who has held a leadership and faculty position in a family medicine residency program.
- Must bring 5+ years in a practice setting, as well as both inpatient and outpatient experience.
- MD or DO with Family Medicine specialty required.
- Faxton St. Luke’s Healthcare and St. Elizabeth Medical Center affiliated as the Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS) in March 2014.
- MVHS has two hospitals with 773 beds, 4,200+ employees, the MVHS Medical Group with 21 primary care locations, a Children’s Health Center, a Family Medicine Center, Women’s Health and Breast Care Centers, and general, orthopedic and neurological surgeons.
- MVHS recently received a $700 million grant from the State of New York to help revitalize downtown Utica, starting with the construction of a brand new hospital, set to open in early 2023 and adding 373 inpatient beds.
- Utica, New York, with a population of over 60,000, sits about 80 miles northwest of Albany and just 45 miles east of Syracuse.
- Utica is beautifully situated on the Mohawk River at the base of the Adirondack Mountains, and offers a great jumping off point to the exploration of the many forests, lakes and rivers of Upstate New York.
- Utica offers a low cost of living and has traditionally been a melting pot for various immigrant groups, including Dutch, Italian, German and Irish, and the local cuisine reflects this great diversity.
- The city features the Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute, which hosts rotating exhibitions facilitated through the prestigious Pratt Institute, as well as a restored Historic District that was designed by Frederick Olmsted, who also designed New York City’s Central Park.