Join Samaritan Medical Center, an accredited not-for-profit healthcare organization, as you take on the role of Director of Case Management & Discharge Planning in historic Watertown, New York!
- The Director of Case Management & Discharge Planning is responsible for the planning, implementation, and maintenance of Case Management and Discharge Planning processes throughout Samaritan Medical Center.
- Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Director will oversee approximately 25 FTEs and will tactfully interact with patients, families, physicians, multidisciplinary team, and external resources to ensure the deliverance of strong patient and family advocacy.
- The Director will be responsible for the oversight of inpatient denial management, departmental budgets, PRI screen completion, ALC process, and will facilitate quarterly reviews of the PEPPER report.
- This leader will be responsible for the management of inpatient, outpatient, and observation patient cases to ensure that patients and their families are receiving consistent high-quality care in adherence to organizational, state, and federal expectations.
- The Director must display a high-level of innovation, collaboration, and problem-solving skills as it pertains to providing guidance and recommendations to current ongoing initiatives including decreasing length of stay, restructure, resources for uninsured/underinsures patients, and opportunity growth throughout the organization.
- Seeking a hands-on leader who will be willing to participate heavily in departmental, organizational, and community initiatives including task forces, revenue cycle work groups, Corporate Compliance Committee, and the community advisory board as it pertains to providing community resources.
- Candidates must be knowledgeable of accreditation and regulatory requirements, payer intricacies, CMC regulations, and Family Healthcare Decision Act initiatives to ensure that the organization is within local, state, and federal compliance.
- The Director will encourage strong collaboration and communication as they strive to foster positive working relationships with physicians, home care agencies, social service agencies, PCP offices, and hospice.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Active NYS RN license is required.
- Healthcare experience is required.
- Founded in 1881, Samaritan Medical Center is a 290-bed not-for-profit community medical center, that offers a wide variety of inpatient and outpatient healthcare services.
- Samaritan Medical Center is proud to be accredited by multiple well-respected professional organizations including The Joint Commission, American Association of Blood Banks (AABB), and Excellus BlueCross BlueShield.
- Samaritan Medical Center offers an extensive list of over 45 services including Assisted Living, Behavioral Health, Laboratory, Emergency Care, Maternity, Rehabilitation, and Infectious Disease.
- Samaritan Medical Center is the region’s largest hospital and employs approximately 2,000+ employees and physicians. Samaritan is devoted to giving back to their community and is active in multiple church groups, Boy/Girl Scout Clubs, and several non-for-profit agencies.
- The organization encompasses Samaritan Keep Home, a 272-bed long-term care facility and Samaritan Summit Village, a 288-bed long-term care and assistant living facility. These facilities offer a full range of skilled nursing services including rehabilitation therapies, social services, and recreational activities.
- Watertown, New York, is a quaint city located within the Northern region of New York, approximately 70 miles north of Syracuse and approximately 30 miles south of Canada.
- The area is home to over 30 local eateries and pubs offering a wide array of culinary experiences. You can find comfort food at Shorty’s, Italian cuisine at Cavallario’s, or a steak from Sboro’s.
- Watertown also provides multiple shopping locations including the Salmon Run Mall, the Downtown Public Square which offers multiple locally owned shops and boutiques, and Paddock Arcade, one of the oldest covered shopping malls in the country.
- Watertown offers a wide variety of outdoor activities including boating, fishing, rafting, hiking, skiing, and camping at attractions such as Thompson Park, Black River, and Dry Hill Ski Area. Watertown also offers multiple golf courses and a historic downtown offering attractions including the Flower Memorial Library and Jefferson County Historical Society Museum.