Nursing Leader Needed as Interim Director of ER and ICU Departments at 100+ Bed Hospital in California Coastal City!
- The Interim Director, ER and ICU will direct and supervise all activities of the Emergency and Intensive Care departments at a 100+ bed hospital.
- Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, the Interim Director will serve as a clinical resource for staff and patients, as well as maintain and monitor standards of clinical practice and performance.
- Must have experience working with Unions and be able to develop strong team relationships.
- BSN required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Active California RN license required.
- Watsonville is located on the central coast of California, about 30 minutes from neighboring cities Santa Cruz and Monterey, and 1.5 hours from San Francisco.
- The Pajaro Valley, where Watsonville is located, has a Mediterranean climate with temperatures around 60 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit throughout much of the year.
- Watsonville boasts pristine beaches, and the nearby Elkhorn Slough National Estuarine Reserve is one of California's last undisturbed wetlands and is ideal for bird watching.
- An annual Birding Festival, the Strawberry Festival, a weekly farmer's market, Watsonville Plaza, and the Agricultural History Museum are sights not to be missed.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B. E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!