Join the largest health care system in Central Massachusetts as the new AVP of Human Resources for the Medical Center
- The AVP of Human Resources (HR) will provide counsel and expertise to the President of the UMass Memorial Medical Center and the senior leadership team.
- This position will establish strong working relationships with key business partners including Senior Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents, AVPs, Senior Directors, and Directors/Managers to ensure that strategic and operational needs are met, including creation of department specific workforce projection and leadership development plans.
- Works closely with colleagues to ensure the building and strengthening of organizational capabilities required to meet the strategic goals of the organization.
- Partners with key HR units including Benefits, Compensation, HRIS, Talent Acquisition, and more to deliver operational and developmental needs.
- The AVP is responsible for the direction, coordination, and dual supervision of the Medical Center's business partners.
- Serves as a resource to the system Senior Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer, and senior management, providing advice on matters involving human resources strategies, policies, and physician & caregiver engagement.
- Seeking a strong subject matter expert who has 10 years of progressive HR management leadership experience. Must have a broad knowledge of HR principles and practices within a large organization.
- Master’s degree in human resources management or related field.
- UMass Memorial Health Care is the largest health care system in Central Massachusetts. As the clinical partner of UMass Medical School, the health system has access to the latest technology, research and clinical trials.
- The health care system includes three hospitals with 1,125 total beds, all fully accreditation by the Joint Commission, and 14,000+ total employees with 1,700 physicians on the active medical staff and 3,000 registered nurses.
- UMass Memorial is the only designated Level I Trauma Center for adults and children in Central Massachusetts and the region’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Additionally, UMass Memorial is recognized by US News and World Reports as one of Massachusetts' best hospitals and high performing in aortic valve surgery, colon cancer surgery, heart bypass surgery and the treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and heart failure.
- The Family Medicine and Community Health Department pioneers’ novel programs devoted to clinical care, medical education, research, and health policy, with a special focus on the health of populations who are most at risk.
- The City of Worcester is governed by a Council-Manager, or Plan E, form of government with a popularly elected Mayor, 11 City Council Members and a City Manager. Located in the center of Massachusetts, between Boston and Springfield, Worcester is known as the "Heart of the Commonwealth."
- Although the position is Hybrid/Remote, Worcester offers a great opportunity to own or rent, raise a family, or live independently. Worcester is a city that offers the best of both large and small cities with its affordable housing; quality public schools; many colleges and universities; access to diverse culture, sports, restaurants, and entertainment; and reliable local and regional transportation.
- Worcester is a great place to live. In addition to the nightlife, diverse restaurants, colleges and universities and events, the average housing price in Worcester is lower than the Massachusetts average. Residents and businesses also have the option of choosing from competing wireless telephone, satellite television and electricity suppliers.
- Worcester is home to 8 colleges and universities. The Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts allows member universities and colleges in the Greater Worcester area to share resources, provide diverse courses to students at other member schools and further expand the possibilities for students. With such a great educational presence, Worcester's higher education industry is one of the City's proudest assets.