Visible Leader Needed to Serve as Next Department Sr. Administrator at Health System and Medical School Near Boston!
- The Sr. Administrator of Family Medicine and Community Health provides administrative oversight to the department that includes the clinical, research, service, and educational activities of multiple divisions of UMass Memorial Health Care and the UMass Medical School.
- As a key member of the Department’s leadership team, the Sr. Administrator partners closely with medical center, medical group, and medical school leadership and faculty to set strategic priorities and optimize financial and operational performance.
- Seeking a responsive leader with a strong understanding of both medical group and hospital administration who can quickly build relationships, as well as assess and make improvement recommendations around organizational structure, revenue growth, and increased operational efficiencies across practices.
- The Sr. Administrator serves as a resource to faculty for the preparation of grant requests and regulatory compliance and will direct communications plans to promote department services to external groups.
- Must bring 7+ years of relevant experience in a healthcare setting, with 5+ years in a leadership role.
- Experience in an academic medical setting/heavily matrixed environment and knowledge of research and grant infrastructure is preferred.
- Master’s degree required.
- UMass Memorial Health Care is the largest health care system in Central Massachusetts. As the clinical partner of UMass Medical School, the health system has access to the latest technology, research and clinical trials.
- The health care system includes three hospitals with 1,125 total beds, all fully accreditation by the Joint Commission, and 14,000+ total employees with 1,700 physicians on the active medical staff and 3,000 registered nurses.
- UMass Memorial is the only designated Level I Trauma Center for adults and children in Central Massachusetts and the region’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Additionally, UMass Memorial is recognized by US News and World Reports as one of Massachusetts' best hospitals and high performing in aortic valve surgery, colon cancer surgery, heart bypass surgery and the treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and heart failure.
- The Family Medicine and Community Health Department pioneers novel programs devoted to clinical care, medical education, research and health policy, with a special focus on the health of populations who are most at risk.
- Worcester, Massachusetts, the great city in the heart of the Commonwealth of New England, sits just an hour west of Boston.
- A five-time recipient of the All-American City Award, Worcester offers its residents the resources and exciting attractions of a metropolis, balanced with the more intimate, livable scale of a mid-sized city.
- The city boasts access to diverse and highly-acclaimed arts scenes, sports, restaurants, and entertainment, with local and regional public transportation for easy access to both the big city and small town entertainment.