Interim Director of Nursing – Surgical Services is needed in a medical center just outside of Philadelphia PA!
- The Interim Director of Nursing – Surgical Services will be responsible for the oversight and day-to-day operations of Perioperative Department, averaging 65 cases a day.
- This role will oversee a team of five direct reports and a team of 200 FTE’s.
- Goals include a focus on recruitment and retention initiatives, team building exercises and mentoring department staff. They will also be expected to establish predictable OR access that aligns with the evolving department needs.
- The ideal candidate will have previous leadership experience and in-depth knowledge of perioperative practices. They must demonstrate a proven track record of refining processes, be a team player and capable of building effective working relationships. They should be a hands-on leader, who is warm and approachable but diligent and capable of holding the team accountable.
- BSN required; Active Pennsylvania RN license required.
- Must be available to start within two weeks of acceptance.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B. E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!
- View AMN Healthcare’s current COVID-19 updates, including vaccination information.