Chief Nursing Officer
The Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) is the Nurse Executive for the organization. He/She is a member of the executive leadership team who is responsible for the administrative and organizational plan for providing nursing care to patients and other services that support patient care. The CNO collaborates with executive management personnel in fulfilling the hospital's mission to provide quality care by participating in strategic planning, resource allocation and evaluating patient outcomes. The Nurse Executive is also accountable for developing working relationships with members of the Medical Staff, Hospital and Nursing Leaders to accomplish goals and objectives. Position reports to the President, CEO.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Graduate of an approved RN program and BSN required; MSN preferred.
- Licensed or eligible for New York State Registered Professional Nurse license.
- Experience in progressive Nursing Leadership Positions in a healthcare organization.
- At least 3-5 years of significant nursing leadership experience in an acute care hospital environment with preference in a safety net environment.
- Preferred New York State working experience.
- Strong hands-on clinical experience with broad clinical knowledge.
- Proven track record of results in patient care services, nursing leadership, and management.
- Experience gained within a unionized staff environment is preferred.
- Experience with and leadership of quality improvement, performance improvement, and patient satisfaction initiatives.
Saint Joseph's Medical Center is a Catholic health care facility, sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul of New York, and strives for excellence in health care in an atmosphere of support and shared ministry. Since its founding by the Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul in 1888, Saint Joseph's Medical Center has been meeting the health care needs of Yonkers and surrounding communities. Saint Joseph’s is a not-for-profit health care facility governed by a voluntary Board of Trustees made up of business, civic and religious leaders of the community. The day to day operations of the medical center are handled by a management team of experienced healthcare professionals. Saint Joseph’s Medical Center includes a 194-bed acute care hospital, a 138-bed psychiatric hospital – “St. Vincent’s Hospital Westchester,” two affordable senior housing facilities, 1,300 supportivehousing apartments throughout New York City and Westchester, and numerous out-patient programs and services for the residents of Westchester and the five boroughs of New York City.
Located along the Hudson River, Yonkers is New York’s third largest city and the largest city in Westchester County. A city in the center of it all, Yonkers serves as the gateway between New York City and the Hudson Valley. Yonkers is convenient, affordable, and offers opportunity for almost every residential and commercial investment. It’s why some of the biggest projects in the Hudson Valley are happening here, and why you should be part of it.