Provide your clinical expertise when you take on the role of Interim Director of Infection Prevention!
- The Director of Infection Prevention & Control has direct oversight for the organizational infection prevention & control programs and assumes responsibility for the environment, patient, visitors and staff for infection prevention.
- The Director will be responsible for leading the evaluation, design, and implementation of performance improvement as it relates to infection prevention, control and patient safety.
- Ideal candidates will be clinical experts in infection prevention and control and champion for Quality Assurance and Process Improvement with PDSA and understanding of Lean Strategies.
- Manages and reports relevant data to regulatory agencies, and departments for driving principles of infection prevention and control.
- Must be available to start within 2 weeks upon acceptance.
- With a growing population of approximately 100,000, Albany is a bustling urban center in the heart of New York’s expanding Tech Valley.
- Albany has a vibrant arts and entertainment scene waiting to be discovered. Home to world-class museums, historic theaters, art galleries and endless public art projects, creativity is around every corner.
- Embark on an outdoor adventure in Albany County by land or by water. Hit the Hudson River aboard Dutch Apple Cruises, zip through the wilderness at WildPlay Elements Park, hike the trails at the Albany Pine Bush, kayak at Thompson Lake State Park, or go deep underground at Howe Caverns.
- The state capital of New York is located on the banks of the Hudson River and is a beautiful destination, offering a multitude of higher education options, sustainable living and desirable neighborhoods.
- The nearby Catskill and Adirondack Mountains provide year-round recreational activities such as fishing, hiking, camping and skiing.
- New York City, Boston, and Montreal are only few hours by car or train.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B. E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!