An Interim Director of Surgery is needed!
- The Interim Director of Surgery will be responsible for the oversight, and day-to-day operations of a 14-bed OR.
- Reporting to the Executive Director of Operations, this leader will oversee a team of eight direct reports, and ~70 FTEs.
- This leader will work to bring a renewed sense of confidence to the department, they will improve Turnover Time and First Time start metrics, and lastly this leader will help work through new equipment transitions.
- Ideal candidates will have excellent interpersonal skills, and be a collaborative/personable leader. Must have previous OR Operations experience.
- Must be available to start within 2-3 weeks of acceptance.
- BSN required.
- Previous healthcare experience required.
- Austell, Georgia is part of the Atlanta metropolitan area, just 30 minutes from the city center.
- There are several lovely neighborhoods to choose from in the Austell area. Many are home to friendly neighbors, pretty streets, and convenient amenities nearby. Check out Southbrook, Goodland Acres, Oakhill, and Chimney Hill to find your next home!
- The city of Austell is served by the Cobb County School District. This school district is the second largest in the state and the 25th largest in the U.S.
- With approximately 6,500 residents, this growing city holds tight to its friendly, small-town atmosphere, making it a lovely place to visit and settle in.
- The city has a humid subtropical climate with average summer highs in the 80s and average winter lows in the 30s.
- The many parks in Austell provide an ideal place for any recreational activity you could imagine. And if that’s not enough, the exciting amusement park, Six Flags Over Georgia, calls the city home.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B. E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!
- View AMN Healthcare’s current COVID-19 updates, including vaccination information.