Join One of the Country’s Top Psychiatric Hospitals, Leading its Adult Mood Disorders Unit as the New Manager!
- The Unit Manager will provide operational management of the Adult Mood Disorders Unit to include supervising approximately 40 FTEs across nursing, social work, rehabilitation services, and support staff. The unit serves both adolescent and adult patients.
- Oversight areas include budget and unit resources, all staffing including employee development, maintaining or exceeding projected census, quality improvement, and program marketing activities.
- Reporting to the Associate Director of Nursing, the Unit Manager will partner closely with clinical experts and staff across the hospital to ensure the delivery of high-quality and responsive patient care in a safe and therapeutic environment.
- Must bring 3+ years of progressive nursing leadership experience in inpatient psychiatric services.
- BSN and active RN license required. Can work towards obtaining a Maryland state RN license.
- Sheppard Pratt Hospital is a psychiatric facility and teaching hospital. As leaders in the psychiatry field, the hospital was recently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the #5 “Best Hospitals for Psychiatry” in the country.
- Sheppard Pratt includes numerous inpatient units across two hospital campuses. With its history dating back to 1853, Sheppard Pratt currently provides 160+ programs through robust mental health, special education, co-occurring disorders, developmental disability, and social services offerings. Sheppard Pratt serves 70,000+ people each year in its hospitals, clinics, programs, and schools.
- Recent program additions include the Center for Eating Disorders, a 16-bed residential program that opened in 2001, the Neuropsychiatry Program founded in 2011, and the Crisis Walk-In Clinic. In 2016, Sheppard Pratt also partnered with the Greater Baltimore Medical Center to bring mental health care directly into primary care practices.
- As of October 2018, Sheppard Pratt broke ground on a new campus in Howard County, MD, which will include an 85-bed, 156,000-square-foot hospital with inpatient, partial hospital, and crisis services. The campus will also include a 76,000-square-foot medical office building as well as two building pads for future expansion.
- Baltimore is the largest city in Maryland and serves as the second largest seaport in the Mid-Atlantic.
- The city is home to the National Aquarium, Orioles baseball, Ravens football, waterfront restaurants, shopping, art galleries, and professional theaters.
- A historical treasure, Baltimore is the birthplace of the National Anthem.
- Baltimore sits less than an hour from Washington, D.C., providing easy access to all the historical attractions of the nation’s capital.