A Maryland Hospital is looking for an Interim Emergency Room Leader to join their team
- The Interim Emergency Room Leader will assist in oversight of day-to-day operations for the ICU and ED department.
- This leader will report directly to the Interim Chief Nursing Officer.
- This leader will be expected to help mentor current department director, along with other members of middle management. They will also work to lower throughput, hold and wait times.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of running a busy emergency department. They will be a strong, visible, hands-on leader with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Must be available to start within 2-3 weeks of acceptance.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Active MD RN or compact state license required.
- Baltimore is the most populous city in the state of Maryland, as well as the 30th most populous city in the United States. It also serves as the second largest seaport in the Mid-Atlantic. All around, Baltimore has more than a dozen neighborhoods, all with a distinct local flavor.
- This East Coast city sits along the Chesapeake Bay, with the Appalachian Mountains to its West and is filled with lots of shopping, entertainment venues and parks.
- The city is home to the National Aquarium, Orioles baseball, Ravens football, waterfront restaurants, shopping, art galleries, and professional theaters. It’s even the birthplace of the National Anthem!
- Patapsco Valley State Park extends for 32 miles along the Patapsco River. With more than 16,000 acres of space, the park offers plenty to do, from swimming and hiking to horseback riding. There is also a thriving farm-to-table scene with area restaurants working in partnership with local growers.
- Baltimore is only 2 hours for Philly and 4 hours from NYC. Visitors can enjoy the varieties of aquatic creatures at National Aquarium, walk the historic grounds of Fort McHenry, and even catch a game at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Within an hour are all the attractions of Washington, DC.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B.E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!
- View AMN Healthcare’s current COVID-19 updates, including vaccination information.