Seeking Hands-On, Collaborative Leader as the Director of Medicaid for the Louisiana Department of Health.
- Need someone experienced with Medicaid, managing a large program, preferably a state program, CMS or private setting.
- The Director of Medicaid must be a forward-thinker and able to evaluate the current program and outline changes need.
- Needs to be comfortable speaking to governor, legislature, in front of TV camera and in front of groups.
- Determines organizational structure of tasks and programs to maximize efficiency and to guarantee quality standards are maintained.
- Maintains state of the art Medical Vendor programs by keeping abreast of federal health care reimbursement policies and legislation; analyzes programs and methods in use in other states and government jurisdictions; adapts policy guidelines, institutes new programs, develops new methods for reimbursement.
- 6 years of professional experience in public health, social services, health services administration, or administrative services
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana’s capital city, has a prime, central location—just an hour away from New Orleans and Lafayette. Located in Southeast Louisiana, Baton Rouge is the fifth largest city on the Mississippi River and offers endless outdoor adventures on the bayou, including kayaking, fishing, hiking trails and golfing.
- Nicknamed as "the Red Stick City," Baton Rouge has more than 300 years of history and is where Louisiana's capital, flagship university, and distinctive Cajun and Creole cultures all come together.
- With more than 830,000 residents in its metropolitan area, Baton Rouge boasts a thriving arts culture and food scene making it a hub for unique festivals all year long.