Chief Executive Officer
AMN is honored to partner with Noland Health Services, Inc. (NHS) and its Board in the recruitment of a new Chief Executive Officer (CEO). A national executive search is underway, as the current CEO, Carol Knight, plans to retire in the Fall of 2023.
The NHS CEO role is an exceptional opportunity for an accomplished, forward-thinking, and collaborative, growth-oriented executive to join an outstanding organization at a key time in its history, and to impact the future of this vibrant healthcare and senior living provider organization and the communities it serves. The future NHS CEO will have the benefit of building upon a positive organizational culture, coupled with a solid leadership team, and overall financial strength.
The successful candidate must have gravitas, knowledge, vision, and a demonstrated track record to successfully navigate the complex financial and market dynamics. Additionally, the selected candidate will be a strategic thought leader who demonstrates the ability to execute on a new strategic plan to ensure ongoing and future success, financial stability, and intentional growth, while also maintaining NHS’s existing positive and collaborative culture and continued operational strength. This new executive will serve as the external voice and face of NHS, the “chief advocate” and be capable of telling the story to raise its visibility and awareness among key influencers, including state officials and regulators.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field is required.
- An advanced degree is strongly preferred (i.e., Master’s in Health Administration, Business Administration, or a related field; PhD; MD).
- Candidates with clinical backgrounds who also possess strong and proven administrative, operational, and financial leadership experience will also be considered.
- An accomplished executive with 15 – 20 years as a senior executive with a minimum of ten years of progressive leadership experience in a diversified health care environment with multiple locations.
- Must have a successful track record leading complex organizations; senior leadership experience in multi-site and matrix organizations is strongly preferred.
- Leadership experience most likely gained within a healthcare provider organization / health system (i.e., acute care, post-acute care, long term care).
- Advocacy experience is critical; must have experience working with government at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Must have the ability to partner with a non-profit Board, including assisting with the development of an updated strategic plan based on community needs.
- Experience partnering with a diverse workforce is required.
- Candidates must understand the non-profit environment, but candidates from either for-profit or non-profit environments are encouraged to apply.
- Ability to understand and manage diverse business lines.
Established in 1951 and headquartered in Birmingham, AL, NHS has a rich history and outstanding reputation for providing comprehensive and compassionate healthcare and senior living services. Today, NHS is a thriving, successful, financially healthy, not-for-profit organization. As one of the leading healthcare and senior living providers in the state, AL has a foundation of highly committed, mission-driven, and clinically focused employees. NHS’s senior living communities offer skilled nursing, post-acute rehabilitation, specialty care assisted living, memory care, assisted living, independent living apartments and garden homes. NHS also includes innovative specialty hospitals for those requiring extended acute care after an ICU stay. With more than 1,370 employees and approximately $156 million in net revenue, NHS is an agile and high-quality organization with a reputation for providing compassionate healthcare and senior living services.
Located in the heart of the Southeast, Birmingham is a short drive from Atlanta, Nashville, New Orleans, Memphis, the Blue Ridge Mountains, and Gulf Coast beaches. Birmingham has been recognized as an “All-American City” by the National Civic League, as one of the top 10 American cities to live and work, one of the top 10 entrepreneurial and job growth hot spots in America and Conde Nast Traveler’s pick for one of 22 Best Places to Go in 2022.