CHI St. Alexius Health in North Dakota is looking for a Director of Perioperative Services to join their team!
- The Director of Perioperative Services will be responsible for the oversight of day-to-day operations of a 12-bed OR unit within a Level II Trauma Center.
- Working in a triad leadership model with the Medical Director of Anesthesia and Surgery, this leader will oversee a team of approximately 55 FTEs.
- This leader will be tasked with improving employee engagement by re-establishing leadership expectations for staff support, healthy communication, excellence, and teamwork. They will also work to implement a short term, and long-term plan around recruitment and retentions efforts with goals of hiring 25% of current vacancy within the first year. Lastly, this leader will need to promote surgeon satisfaction through enhanced leadership visibility and proactive communication.
- This leader will be expected to scrub and/or circulate cases as a means of role modeling expectations of teamwork.
- Other duties include exploring enhancement to patient and staff scheduling, and look for ways to decrease turnover time to maximize utilization rates, increasing case volume.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong, visible leader with excellent communication skills. Must possess the ability develop/mentor leaders, and be dedicated to process improvement initiatives.
- BSN required. Master’s strongly preferred.
- Active ND RN license or compact license required.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in perioperative nursing, with a minimum of 5 years’ leadership experience.
- Bismarck, the state capital of North Dakota, was ranked the seventh fastest-growing city in the United States by Forbes magazine in 2015 and boasts one of the lowest crime rates in the nation.
- Averaging less annual snowfall than cities like Minneapolis, Chicago, Detroit, and Buffalo, Bismarck enjoys the best of all seasons.
- With about fifty parks (2,000 acres), Bismarck has no shortage of scenic lands to enjoy; from picnic areas and tennis courts to indoor hockey rinks, there is something here for everyone to enjoy.
- The city is a hub of culture, history, and shopping, featuring attractions such as the Dakota Zoo (one of the finest open-air zoos in the Midwest), State Museum at the North Dakota Heritage Center, and Fort Abraham Lincoln.
- CHI St. Alexius Health is a regional healthcare system comprised of a tertiary hospital, six critical access hospitals (CAHs), and numerous clinics and outpatient services in central and western North Dakota.
- As the largest health care delivery system in central and western North Dakota, CHI St. Alexius Health covers more square miles and sees more patients than anyone else in the region.
- The systems faith-based heritage inspires healing ministry of care. And the organizations commitment to quality calls for staff to deliver better patient outcomes for all.
- The organization also manages five other CAHs (four in ND and one in SD, respectively), located in Ashley, Elgin, Linton, Wishek, and Mobridge.
- St. Alexius Health is part of Catholic Health Initiatives, a national nonprofit health system with 103 hospitals throughout 18 states.