Collaborative Nursing Leader Needed to Oversee Large Emergency Department With Close to 70,000 Annual Visits as Director!
- The Director, Emergency Department will lead clinical services at a large ED that averages close to 70,000 annual visits. Oversight areas include, but are not limited to, staffing, budget, workflow processes, and regulatory compliance.
- Seeking a hands-on nursing leader to engage with and provide leadership development to staff within the ED, as well as intentionally partner with physicians, hospital inpatient departments, and system leadership, all with a focus on delivering exceptional patient care.
- The Director will employ evidence-based best practices to drive strategies around improving throughput and departmental culture, recruiting and retaining strong nursing staff, and strengthening behavioral health patient care in the ED.
- Must bring demonstrated success in a fast-paced and high-volume ED setting.
- Master’s degree and either a BSN or MSN required.
- Active nursing license required and can works towards obtaining a Missouri or Compact license.
- SSM Health DePaul Hospital - St. Louis is part of SSM Health, a not-for-profit Catholic health system that serves the Midwest through its 23 hospitals, more than 290 physician offices and other outpatient services, 10 post-acute facilities, 40,000 employees, and 11,000 providers.
- Treating patients from across the St. Louis metropolitan area, SSM Health DePaul Hospital - St. Louis offers a wide range of comprehensive medical care, including the only Level II Trauma Center in north St. Louis County, a Level I Time Critical Diagnosis STEMI Center, and the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in St. Louis County.
- SSM Health DePaul Hospital has the region’s most comprehensive robotic-assisted surgical program is currently the only program in Missouri to earn the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal for Quality in knee and hip replacement.
- Bridgeton, Missouri, is a suburb of the greater St. Louis metropolitan area.
- The area is home to a below average cost of living, an array of cultural, and historical attractions and a lively downtown.
- Located on the Mississippi River, St. Louis, Missouri, is home to many attractions such as the Gateway Arch, the City Museum, the St. Louis Zoo, world-class dining and shopping, professional sports teams, and an abundance of recreational activities.