Enthusiastic Nursing Leader Needed to Oversee Large Emergency Department with Close to 70,000 Annual Visits as Director!
- The Director, Emergency Department will lead clinical services for the large ED that averages close to 70,000 annual visits. Oversight areas include, but are not limited to, staffing, budget, department workflows, process improvements, and regulatory compliance.
- Seeking a hands-on nursing leader to engage with and provide leadership development to staff within the ED, as well as intentionally partner with physicians, hospital inpatient departments, and system leadership, all with a focus on delivering exceptional patient care.
- The Director will employ evidence-based best practices to drive strategies around improving throughput and departmental culture, recruiting and retaining strong nursing staff, and strengthening behavioral health patient care in the ED.
- Master’s degree and either a BSN or MSN required.
- Active nursing license required and can works towards obtaining a Missouri or Compact license.
- SSM Health DePaul Hospital - St. Louis is part of SSM Health, a not-for-profit Catholic health system that serves the Midwest through its 23 hospitals, more than 290 physician offices and other outpatient services, 10 post-acute facilities, 40,000 employees, and 11,000 providers.
- Treating patients from across the St. Louis metropolitan area, SSM Health DePaul Hospital - St. Louis is a 476-bed hospital that offers a wide range of comprehensive medical care, including the only Level II Trauma Center in north St. Louis County, a Level I Time Critical Diagnosis STEMI Center, and the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in St. Louis County.
- SSM Health DePaul Hospital has the region’s most comprehensive robotic-assisted surgical program is currently the only program in Missouri to earn the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal for Quality in knee and hip replacement.
- Bridgeton, Missouri, is a suburb of the greater St. Louis metropolitan area.
- The area is home to a below average cost of living, an array of cultural, and historical attractions and a lively downtown.
- Located on the Mississippi River, St. Louis, Missouri, is home to many attractions such as the Gateway Arch, the City Museum, the St. Louis Zoo, world-class dining and shopping, professional sports teams, and an abundance of recreational activities.