Join a Massachusetts hospital as the Interim Director for Inpatient Med/Surg
- The Interim Director for Inpatient Med/Surg will oversee day to day operations within seven units with 125 beds total.
- The Director with collaborate with the hospitalist and nursing staff on reducing the length of stay.
- Focus on supporting the productivity project with Berkeley Research Group, as well as serve as the liaison for staff.
- Ideal candidate will be an innovative leader with a positive communication style.
- Cambridge, Massachusetts, is across the Charles River from Boston and is home to Harvard University. Harvard Square is known for its charming neighborhoods, sidewalk cafes, cool boutiques, and eclectic music scene.
- Boston offers a unique mix of historic culture and modern change – vibrant and diverse business sector, prestigious colleges and universities, unrivaled hospitals, world-renowned museums, rich history, and close proximity to the beaches of Cape Cod and the White and Green Mountains!
- The “Bay State” is the home of two professional baseball teams, as well as professional basketball, hockey, and soccer teams. Sports fans can also visit the Sports Museum of New England, The Basketball Hall of Fame, and the Volleyball Hall of Fame.
- Boston has a thriving music scene – summer nights are brought to life with free concerts at the Hatch Shell and annual festivals celebrating new artists.
- When walking through the historic city of Boston, notice red bricks along several sidewalks - these bricks outline the “Freedom Trail,” a built-in map that takes you to all the historical landmarks.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; 401(k) retirement plan; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B. E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!