Fantastic opportunity to lead operations as the Clinical Director, Operating Room at a top rated Academic Medical Center, Cooper University Health Care
- The Clinical Director, Operating Room is responsible for oversight of 24 Operating Rooms divided between two surgical pavilions.
- Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Surgical Services, this leader will be one of two Clinical Directors overseeing the Operative Services departments at the main hospital.
- This leader will have six direct reports and will be responsible for daily practice operations, recruitment, and retention efforts, managing union contracts, and mentoring department staff.
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience managing an OR and leading a Level I Trauma Center. Must be skilled in leadership competencies, specifically team building and managing. Must be capable of building effective working relationships, and serve as a change agent and mentor to department leaders. Union experience is strongly preferred.
- BSN required; Master’s preferred.
- Active NJ RN license and CNOR required. Certification with specialty area preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a Perioperative leadership role.
- Camden, NJ is located across the Delaware River from Philadelphia.
- Enjoy all that Philadelphia has to offer including world-class shopping and dining, professional sports teams, an abundance of entertainment and recreational opportunities and a vibrant downtown.
- Less than 60 miles to the beaches on New Jersey’s coast and under 2 hours to New York City.
- Cooper University Hospital is a 489-bed academic medical center that serves as Southern New Jersey’s major tertiary-care referral hospital for specialized services including a Level I Trauma Center, the Cooper Heart Institute, the Cooper Cancer Institute and the Children’s Regional Hospital, the only state-designated children’s hospital in South Jersey.
- The surgery department has a new $3 million, 1,300 square-foot hybrid OR suite that combines cutting-edge surgical equipment with the latest in imaging technology.
- Cooper University Health Care, the clinical campus of Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, offers a full range of health services including prevention, primary care, specialty ambulatory services and all levels of inpatient care and sub-acute care.
- The rapidly expanding organization, home to more than seven hundred physicians across seventy-five specialties, currently serves more than half a million patients each year.
- For each of the last eight years, Cooper University Hospital has been recognized with the “Consumer Choice Award” by the National Research Corporation.