Exciting chance for a dynamic leader to play a pivotal role in fostering organizational expansion and transformation as the Chief Nursing Officer at SoutheastHEALTH Hospital in Cape Girardeau, Missouri.
- As the visionary leader, the Chief Nursing Officer holds the key responsibility for shaping and upholding the highest standards of nursing practice across all facets of the organization's nursing landscape.
- Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, this leader will be responsible for guiding and overseeing the entirety of the nursing division.
- This leader will spearhead recruitment strategies as a vital pipeline for nurse acquisition, focusing on optimizing staffing levels to reduce reliance on agency resources, along with identifying opportunities to enhance throughput efficiency.
- Ideal candidates will be experienced leaders in acute staffing, patient flow, and efficiency management, ensuring high-quality standards while running an efficient clinical operation.
- Must excel in fostering relatable leadership and maintaining strong engagement with the staff.
Overview: The Vice President & Community Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) serves to coordinate all nursing care within the assigned community and across the continuum of care. The VP & Community CNO is responsible and accountable for strategic direction of nursing practice and standards, patient safety, clinical outcomes; patient, co-worker satisfaction; coordination of standards within assigned community. Participates with medical staff to continually improve the clinical processes and care delivery systems within the assigned community.
The VP & Community CNO reports directly to his/her local hospital leadership with a dotted line to the Ministry Chief Nursing Optimization Officer.
Each VP & Community CNO will be contributing members of the ministry executive team for nursing optimization. In addition, each of the VP & Community CNOs will be responsible for helping develop and drive performance improvement in specific nursing areas which will be identified. Finally, each VP & Community CNO will serve as content experts and decision-makers on any nursing or quality related committees or where nursing expertise is needed.
- Experience: Progressive nursing leadership experience. Community CNO preferred.
- Required Education: Masters and bachelors degree prepared with at least one degree in nursing.
- Certifications: Applicable RN licensure
- Emotionally intelligent leader who is highly connected and engaged with all staff and is focused on contemporary nursing and operational clinical outcomes delivery.
- Collaborative style that engenders trust and ability to move with incredible speed in influencing, directing and implementing key decision.
- Outstanding communication and relationship-building skills.
- Leadership abilities: Record of initiating change and innovation
- Strategic thinking, planning and problem-solving
- Human Relations abilities: Ability to build collaborative alliances and teams
- Effective persuasion and negotiation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Organization, planning, scheduling and project management skills
- Considerable skill in facilitating problem solving
- Ability to analyze information and formulate effective plans for using information Communication skills:
- Excellent verbal, written communication and group presentation skills
- High degree of professionalism and personal presence
- Design and implementation of co-worker communication programs
- Ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed environment.
- Ability to travel within assigned community.
- Cape Girardeau, Missouri is scenically located along the Mississippi River which offers residents access to canoeing, boating, and fishing.
- Cape Girardeau offers all the charm of small-town life with locally owned stores, fun for families, great cost of living and beautiful overlooks and miles of hiking trails.
- Cape Girardeau is only two hours from St. Louis, Missouri, and two and half hours from Memphis, Tennessee.
- Since its founding in 1928, SoutheastHEALTH has grown from a community hospital to a regional system of care with multiple locations throughout southeast Missouri.
- Within the organization’s network are more than 48 care locations, including 3 hospitals, primary and specialty care clinics representing over 52 clinical specialties and extending care for patients in a four-state area.
- SoutheastHEALTH Hospital is a general, full-service, 244-bed acute care hospital that provides inpatient and outpatient multispecialty care.
- The hospital is ranked among best regional hospitals in nation by U.S. News & World Report for two years in a row.
- SoutheastHEALTH Hospital will be merging with Mercy Health, signaling both organizations desire to make SoutheastHEALTH a regional health care hub and improve access to care for patients there.