Join this nonprofit community health center as the new mission focused Chief Executive Officer
- The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will provide leadership and accountability for Community Health Center Association of Connecticut’s (CHCACT) performance on all programmatic, financial, and operational measures.
- The CEO is responsible for guidance regarding activities related to the advocacy of CHCACT and its member Federally Qualified Health Centers (“FQHC’s”).
- This position reports directly to the Board of Directors of CHCACT, while rebuilding the in-house inner workings of the staff and mission of the organization.
- The CEO will focus on reengaging, energizing, and hiring new staff to help build a support system, as well as looking forward to what the organization will look like in the future.
- Seeking a mission-focused leader who will provide operating and strategic oversight to the organization with at least five to ten years of healthcare management or Primary Care Association management experience.
- Prior experience working with Federally Qualified Health Center’s, or member associations is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing programs for federal and/or state initiatives is preferred.
- Experience within the state and/or national legislative and government systems is required.
- Master’s Degree in health, business, public health, public administration and/or another related field is required.
- The Community Health Center Association of Connecticut (CHCACT) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to strengthening and supporting the clinical and administrative operations of community health centers across Connecticut.
- CHCACT's mission is to advance and align the work of health centers, with stakeholders, to improve the health and wellness of all.
- On behalf of its member health centers, CHCACT advocates for issues concerning the vitality of health centers and their ability to provide high quality, comprehensive health care to people in Connecticut.
- Cheshire is a residential community located in New Haven County with a population of just over 29,000 and a land area of 33 square miles. Cheshire is close to New Haven and Hartford, and is easily accessible from Interstates 84, 91 and 691 and state routes 70, 68, and 10.
- Cheshire is a family-oriented community with an excellent school system, exceptional public safety, and a full range of municipal services.
- Ranked among the top small towns by Money Magazine and Connecticut Magazine, Cheshire is a wonderful place to live and work.
- During the last 50 years, the Town has grown into a residential suburban community. Even with significant industrial and commercial growth, Cheshire retains its rural characteristics with thousands of acres of open space.