Join One of the Nation’s Leading Academic Medical Centers, University of Chicago Medicine, as its Next Clinical Laboratories Director
- The Clinical Laboratories Director is the strategic and operational leader for the medical center’s Genomic, Anatomic Pathology, Infectious Diseases Services, and Transplant Immunology Labs, including oversight across multiple locations and for 120+ FTEs.
- Key leadership role that will drive the expansion of lab services and physical space, as well as identify opportunities for stronger integration and synergy between the specialty areas.
- The ideal Director will apply a collaborative and innovate approach to drive quality and safe patient care, all in alignment with system-wide priorities.
- Must bring 5+ years of progressive leadership experience and 7+ years of clinical experience. Academic and molecular genomics experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in medical technology or biological sciences and a Master’s degree is required. Advanced certification through the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or equivalent is preferred.
- Since opening its first hospital in 1927, the University of Chicago Medicine (UChicago Medicine) has grown into an integrated community health system that is recognized as one the nation’s leading academic medical centers. Centered in historic, tree-lined Hyde Park, where the medical center complex is located on the University of Chicago campus, UChicago Medicine also has dozens of outpatient clinics around the Chicago area, including locations in downtown Chicago, the south suburbs and Northwest Indiana.
- UChicago Medicine unites five organizations with a total of 811-licensed beds to fulfill its tripartite mission of medical education, research, and patient care: Pritzker School of Medicine, Biological Sciences Division, Medical Center, Community Health and Hospital Division, and UChicago Medicine Physicians.
- UChicago Medicine’s honors include receiving Magnet designation in 2018, straight As from the Leapfrog Group since 2012, being affiliated with 12 Nobel Laureates winners, and nine adult specialties recognized as among the country’s best in the 2021 annual U.S. News and World Report rankings.
- Chicago, Illinois, is an exciting and bustling city with attractions around every corner – from high-flying observatories to Millennium Park where art and music are playfully intertwined.
- Traversed by the Chicago and Calumet rivers, Chicago's extensive parklands, including 3,000 hectares of city parks, attract an estimated 86 million visitors annually.
- Calling this town home is easy with 77 vibrant neighborhoods to choose from, each with their own mix of historical sights and attractions, arts and culture, dining, nightlife, shopping, and most importantly, personality.