Deaconess Associations Incorporated is seeking a mission-driven Chief Executive Officer.
Reporting to the Chairman of the Board, the Chief Executive Officer’s primary function is to ensure that the philosophy, mission, vision, strategies and values of Deaconess Associations Incorporated (DAI) are promoted, embraced and translated into appropriate action. The executive will serve as a key liaison in accomplishing the organization’s asset acquisition initiatives and accountable for maintaining and strengthening the financial viability of DAI to enable their pursuit of charitable endeavors. Direct reports consist of the CFO, COO, Compliance and Strategy Officer of DAI as well as the CEO’s of each of the five portfolio companies: Summit Home Care, Legacy Healthcare Services, Life Spring, Mays Home Care and Healthcare Bridge.
The Deaconess legacy is one of compassionate care in the Christian tradition. Founded in 1888 as the first general hospital in Cincinnati, Deaconess today is an independent, not-for-profit enterprise managing a portfolio in excess of $1 billion of diversified health services, programs, investments and community grant initiatives in Greater Cincinnati and across the country. DAI seeks new ways to improve people’s health, while lowering costs through new delivery models and consumer education. Deaconess invests in healthcare opportunities and community programs that reflect their philosophy of promoting better outcomes by facilitating access to care, encouraging prevention and supporting wellness initiatives. Their current portfolio includes Summit Home Care, Legacy Healthcare Services, Life Spring, Mays Home Care and Healthcare Bridge.
- Undergraduate degree required; Master’s degree and/or Clinical Degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of progressive experience in healthcare management; C-Suite level executive with a diversified healthcare services company preferred.
- Deep knowledge of industry and markets of the company.
- An energetic leader who is able to build trusting, collaborative, and effective relationships with key stakeholders and is able to effectively represent DAI in all settings.
- Visionary, strategic, forward-thinking, and knowledgeable of trends in home care industry.
- Strong background in healthcare operations (for-profit and not-for-profit) and significant experience in business development processes.
- Successful history of structuring and integrating business transactions preferred.