Become the new Director of Emergency Services over two locations in beautiful Colorado Springs!
- The new Director of Emergency Services will provide leadership and accountability to two locations, St. Francis and Penrose emergency departments.
- St. Francis is a Level III Trauma center with 54 beds that sees about 51,000 visits a year while Penrose is a Level II state designated Trauma center with 40 beds seeing about 36,000 visits a year.
- Both locations are fully staffed with about 220 FTEs between the two, including a manager and an assistant nurse manager at each location.
- Focusing on developing and maintaining physician relations, collaboration with the Medical Director of each Emergency Department, and relationship building and collaboration with inpatient units and their nursing leaders.
- Participates in and supervises the delivery of patient care and has the responsibility for establishing standard nursing practice for the service. Focus on improving and driving metrics such as LWOBS and Door to Doc.
- Candidates with experience in opening Emergency Departments are highly encouraged to apply, as a third hospital is being constructed, scheduled to open July of 2023.
- Seeking an experienced, visible leader who is metrics driven and hands on.
- Master’s degree with nurse leader or national certification required. Project management experience preferred.
- St Francis Hospital and Penrose Hospital are both part of the Centura Health System that believes in extending the healing ministry of Christ by caring for those who are ill and by nurturing the health of the people in our communities.
- St. Francis Hospital has been infused with vision and dedicated to clinical excellence, whole-person care and serving the unique needs of its communities.
- St. Francis is a 340 licensed bed facility that is the only full-service hospital in Northern Colorado Springs and features a modern Birth Center, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Care Unit, Emergency Department, Level III Trauma Center, Imaging Services, Surgical Services, and Critical Care Unit.
- Their mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ by caring for those who are ill and by nurturing the health of the people in our communities.
- Penrose Hospital is a 255-bed hospital located in Colorado Springs, Colorado and has been infused with vision and dedicated to clinical excellence, whole-person care and serving the unique needs of its communities.
- They seek to combine finely honed medical skills with a compassionate touch to care for the whole person, body, mind, and spirit. Striving to create healing sanctuaries that carry on the ministry of Jesus Christ.
- Colorado Springs is situated near the base of one of the most famous American mountains, Pikes Peak, at the eastern edge of the southern Rocky Mountains and is home to one of the country's most treasured parks, Garden of the Gods.
- The second most populous city in the state, Colorado Springs is situated on Fountain Creek and is located 70 miles south of Denver.
- There is no shortage of adventure in Colorado Springs. With over 55 area attractions, incredible scenery for endless outdoor adventures and a vibrant culture filled with arts, entertainment and rich history, there's something for every explorer.
- U.S. News & World Report selected Colorado Springs as the No. 2 “Most Desirable Place to Live in the US” in 2022, due to the desirability, job market and quality of life.
- Colorado Springs has a very diverse community, and the public schools are highly rated for the many families that live there.