Join one of the nation’s largest public health systems and academic partner to UT Southwestern as the new Director of Accounting for Parkland Health
- Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Director of Accounting will oversee daily operations related to general ledger, capital, fixed assets and accounting demands of Parkland Health & Hospital System
- Identify new ways to streamline processes while delivering accurate and timely financial reports in compliance with organizational and regulatory standards
- The Director is responsible for developing the team by assessing strengths and weaknesses of employees and providing opportunities to learn
- Seeking a financial leader with experience managing change initiatives and creating a culture of collaboration and trust
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- Must have 8+ years of leadership experience over accounting or financial services, preferably within a healthcare setting
- Parkland Health & Hospital System first opened its doors in 1894 and is now one of the largest public hospital systems in the country. With 882 licensed beds, Parkland cares for more than one million patient visits annually.
- As the primary teaching hospital for Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Parkland Health is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and provides continuous 24-hour advanced care for both hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke.
- Parkland Health is a Level I Trauma Center, the second largest civilian burn center in the U.S., and delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country with a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. The system also has 20 community-based clinics, including primary care and women's clinics, 12 school-based clinics, and numerous outreach and education programs.
- Dallas, Texas, the largest economic center of the 12-county Dallas–Fort Worth–Arlington metropolitan area, has no shortage of things to do; from Pritzker Prize-winning architecture to innovative dining and memorable entertainment, there’s plenty of sights to see for everyone of all ages.
- If culture is what you crave then Dallas has enough award-winning Broadway productions, art-house theatres, comedy clubs, orchestral experiences and ballets to keep your interest peaked for many moons.
- Take a trip outdoors to some great locations such as White Rock Lake, Klyde Warren Park, Katy Trail, or Dallas Arboretum.
- From The Sixth Floor Museum and Dealey Plaza to the West End and Southfork Ranch, the city offers an array of historical sites to visit, explore and learn from.