Exciting opportunity to join Geisinger Health Systems, in Danville, PA as their new AVP, Perioperative Services!
- The AVP, Perioperative Services will be responsible for the oversight and high-level operations across all of Perioperative Services for multiple locations within the Danville, PA region.
- Reporting directly to the Vice President of Surgical Services, this leader will oversee a team of 13 direct reports and approximately 800 FTES.
- This leader will be expected to drive effective staffing and culture change. They will be tasked with standardizing practices across the organization and assist in the journey to steadily increase their growth in the market.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong, visionary leader with direct clinical experience in and around the Operating Room. Self-motivation and ability to think outside of the box will be key.
- Masters degree, or actively pursuing, required.
- Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes twelve hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,600 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually.
- Geisinger Medical Center has been named to Newsweek’s list of World’s Best Hospitals 2021. This recognition is presented by Newsweek and Statista Inc., the world-leading statistics portal and industry ranking provider.
- Geisinger has become a coordinated intersection of services and providers – primary care and specialists, hospitals and trauma centers, insurance, medical education, and research, all working together making it possible to do more to improve care, and test and share innovation. What makes Geisinger unique is the patients and communities who are the focus of everything – their essential partners.
- Danville, Pennsylvania, is a city rich in history and charm nestled along the Susquehanna River and surrounded by rolling hills and woodlands.
- Downtown's Mill Street offers quaint shops, a variety of dining and late-night entertainment, and American crafts and artwork.
- Danville boasts a below average cost of living and a wealth of outdoor activities, countless covered bridges, golf courses, parks, state parks and forests, trails, and local events to discover.
- Centrally located in Pennsylvania, Danville is less than a three-hour drive to Philadelphia, Baltimore, New York City, and Washington, D.C.