Opportunity to Serve as Interim Director of Nursing, Long-Term Care Facility in Outdoor Oasis!
- The Director of Nursing will lead long-term care operations for the 30 bed LTC/SNF. DON would organize and coordinate admissions, discharges and develop nursing and resident care procedures in collaboration with the Nursing Home Administrator.
- The DON would collaborate with the local Medical Director.
- Reporting to the Operations Administrator II, the Director of Nursing will serve on the senior leadership team and oversee approximately 20 FTEs, which includes all clinical staff.
- Experience required in development and oversight of Interdisciplinary Team meetings, QAPI meetings , falls prevention programs and skin assessment programs.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ensuring all necessary compliance standards are met, managing the department’s budget and scheduling, and establishing care plans with residents and families.
- Skills and experience with establishing the operational infrastructure to support high Quality scores and MDS is a MUST! Organization is seeking a DON that has strong experience in developing standard work, effective documentation, work efficiencies, and team collaboration. Oversight of medical record documentation for accuracy and completeness is a key focus area.
- This hands-on and collaborative leader will play a key role in developing staff within the department and partnering with stakeholders across the hospital and regionally, including home health and hospice agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree required; BSN and Master’s degree preferred.
- Known as the Gateway to the Chippewa National Forest, Deer River, Minnesota, is surrounded by more than a million acres of spectacular forests, 1,300 lakes, and 923 miles of rivers and streams making it an ideal Northern Minnesota destination.
- Deer River offers a relaxed paced lifestyle, an affordable cost of living, and a friendly community with excellent healthcare and education.
- The area offers something for everyone: there is fishing for walleye and northern pike; kayaking; boating; leisure bike rides; hiking; hunting; cross country skiing; and snowmobiling. Located three hours north of the Twin Cities, the community offers local commerce, attractions, businesses, services, culture, lodging and shopping.
- Residents and visitors alike enjoy spectacular scenery, miles of unspoiled beauty, an abundance of wildlife, history of northern Minnesota and endless year-round recreation and warm friendly hospitality.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; 401(k) retirement plan; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B. E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!