Exceptional opportunity to create and lead a systemwide service line with one of the nation’s highly ranked healthcare organizations.
Henry Ford Health System has partnered with AMN Leadership Solutions to conduct a national search for an inaugural Medical Director for its new Heart and Vascular (H&V) Service Line. This is an exceptional opportunity to create and lead a systemwide service line with one of the nation’s highly ranked healthcare organizations.
Henry Ford Health System, a $3.8B, 8-hospital integrated network and recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award and numerous national awards for Diversity and Inclusion, is committed to improving the health and well-being of their diverse Michigan community.
- Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford and now one of the nation's leading health care providers, Henry Ford Health System is a not-for-profit corporation managed by Chief Executive Officer Wright L. Lassiter, III and governed by a 17-member Board of Trustees, with volunteer-led advisory and affiliate boards providing additional leadership.
- It is comprised of hospitals, medical centers and one of the nation's largest group practices, the Henry Ford Medical Group, which includes more than 1,900 physicians and researchers practicing in over 40 specialties. The System's flagship,Henry Ford Hospitalin Detroit, is an 877- bed tertiary care, Level 1 Trauma Center recognized for clinical excellence in cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics, sports medicine, multi-organ transplants and cancer treatment.
- With more than 30,000 employees, Henry Ford Health System is the fifth-largest employer in metro Detroit, and among the most diverse.
As one of the oldest and most experienced cardiovascular programs in the nation, experts in the HFHS H&V service line deliver comprehensive cardiovascular disease care:
- Expert diagnosis: With dedicated diagnostic testing labs, our team quickly and accurately gets to the source of your symptoms. Learn more about our EP Lab and cardiac cath lab.
- Innovative treatments: Our active participation in research and clinical trials allows us to deliver the best available treatments including minimally invasive techniques and newly approved grafts and stents. Learn more about heart valve repair and replacement and aortic disease treatments.
- Team approach: Our team includes specialists covering every aspect of heart and vascular disease. Working together, we treat even the most complex conditions. Once you are feeling better, you can go back to seeing your primary care doctor. We’re happy to consult with them on your follow up care.
- Advanced technology: As experts in minimally invasive treatment, we offer some of the best available technology including Arctic Front® Cardiac Cryoablation Catheters, robotic surgery using the da Vinci® surgical robot system and fenestrated endografts for the treatment of complex aortic aneurysms.
- Life-saving treatment: We offer special treatments to help patients whose hearts can no longer meet their needs. Learn more about our left ventricular assist device program.
- Tradition of excellence: We have been treating coronary heart disease for over 90 years.
- Doctorate degree in Medicine with fellowship Training in Cardiology or Cardiovascular Surgery required.
- Strong clinical experience as a Cardiologist or Thoracic/Vascular Surgeon.
- MBA or MHA preferred.
- Ten (10) or more years of clinical and executive leadership experience, including responsibility for fiscal and medical staff management.
- Experience in a large, advanced, complex health system is essential. Experience within an integrated care system that includes multiple hospitals, a pluralistic medical staff, as well as an insurance product is ideal.
- A proven track record in improving quality and safety in a complex health system is required. Must be a leader champion of quality.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of current trends in health care, including physician hospital relations, physician practice models, access issues, quality improvement processes, clinical information systems, and the implications of changing health care environment for medical credentialing are essential.
- Must be licensed or qualified for licensure to practice medicine in the State of Michigan and be Board Certified in a cardiovascular-related specialty.
This search is being led by the Executive and Physician Leadership Search Group of AMN Leadership Solutions, a division of AMN Healthcare. AMN Healthcare is the leader and innovator in total talent solutions for healthcare organizations across the nation.