Interim Director of Pharmacy needed in a North Dakota Hospital
- The Interim Director of Pharmacy will be responsible for the oversight and day-to-day operations of the team, supporting a 25-bed CAH.
- Reporting to the Pharmacy Operations and Clinical Services leader, this position will oversee a team of two FTEs.
- This leader will work to learn the Pharmacy workflow and coordinate/communicate medication issues effectively. They will also attend and prepare for regular, Pharmacy and Therapeutics meetings – serving as a resource for patients and providers onsite. Lastly, this leader will work with the DON to educate nursing staff and assure competencies.
- Ideal candidates will have a working knowledge of hospital workflow, they must also be knowledgeable about antibiotic use in the hospital. Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be available to start within 2-3 weeks of acceptance.
- PharmD or bachelor’s degree in pharmacy is required.
- Previous healthcare experience is required.
- Devils Lake, North Dakota is home to fishing, hunting, shopping, and everything outdoors.
- The International Peace Garden, on the U.S.-Canadian border, is about 100 miles northwest of Devils Lake.
- Devils Lake is known as one of the best fisheries in that part of the country. The city namesake, meanwhile, is equally alluring for its small-town charm and friendly people, making a trip to Devils Lake exciting year-round. Fishing, birding, and hunting adventures await.
- Devil's Lake State Park has two large sandy beaches. They are located on both the north & south shores of the lake. Devil's Lake normally maintains a very comfortable swimming temperature from Mid-June to Late September.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B. E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!
- View AMN Healthcare’s current COVID-19 updates, including vaccination information.