Seeking a Chief Financial Officer for a top-quality hospital (CMS 5-star) with $237M in net revenues and an operating margin of almost 16%
- Centura Health seeks a contemporary and visionary, operational finance leader to join the organization as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Mercy Regional Medical Center, a profitable community hospital.
- Reporting to the hospital President and CEO, the CFO will provide financial leadership, analysis and operational support for the management of the hospital, non-clinical operational leadership, and actively participate as a member in the systemwide Centura Finance Council.
- This financial executive will have oversight for monthly financial statement processes, capital budget development and monitoring, patient access, coding, health information services, operational performance analysis, and identification of improvement opportunities.
- Additionally, the CFO will oversee non-clinical operational areas to include Facilities, Security, Emergency Management/Safety, Environmental Services, Nutrition and Food Services.
- This role requires a flexible management style, with the ability to function in a complex, matrixed culture with significant diversity, and the ability to influence positive results.
- Five years of financial management experience in a hospital or other type of appropriate healthcare entity, and a Master’s degree, are required.
- A history of success in helping to build physician relationships is valued.
- Mercy Regional Medical Center is a profitable acute care hospital located in the scenic southwestern Colorado town of Durango. It is the only hospital in Colorado to be rated by Medicare with five stars for overall hospital quality. It is recognized for excellence in orthopedic and spine surgery and for outstanding patient experience and patient safety. Mercy has also received ten consecutive ‘A’ grades for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group.
- Centura Health is the Rocky Mountain and Central Plains region’s health care leader with 17 hospitals, two senior living communities, health neighborhoods, physician practice and clinics, home care and hospice services and Flight For Life® Colorado, and an extensive network of providers across Colorado and western Kansas, with $3.8 billion annual net revenue. Founded in 1996 by two sponsors, CommonSpirit and AdventHealth, Centura Health is a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare network with collective Values reflecting the holistic care and wellness approach of the Adventists, along with the Catholic tradition of caring for the underserved.
- Durango, Colorado, offers an exceptional quality of life with small town charm, excellent schools, and year-round, world-class outdoor recreation opportunities including snow sports, river sports, hiking, biking, camping and more.
This search is being led by the Executive and Physician Leadership Search Group of AMN Leadership Solutions, a division of AMN Healthcare. AMN Healthcare is the leader and innovator in total talent solutions for healthcare organizations across the nation.