South Texas Health System, located in Edinburg, Texas, seeks System Director of Quality!
- The System Director of Quality directs and coordinates all quality management functions for the system hospitals, serves as an active member of the senior leadership team within the system, interacting with the medical executive staff, governing board, and other groups as necessary, and is responsible for planning and implementing quality assessment, performance improvement, and disease-specific programs to meet the needs of the system.
- Goals include evaluating and defining the roles and teams for staff members, allocating resources to the necessary places, and conducting regulatory analyses and a mock survey.
- The ideal candidate will possess three-to-five years of progressive quality leadership experience in a healthcare entity and at least five-to-eight years of clinical and quality improvement experience.
- A master’s degree is required for this opportunity.
- South Texas Health System is a network of five acute care hospitals and one behavioral health hospital, all together providing care for patients throughout Southern Texas.
- All six acute care facilities have received Joint Commission accreditation and offer a comprehensive range of healthcare services including cardiovascular, maternity and women’s health, and more. Three of the system's hospitals were awarded an ‘A’ in the Spring 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade.
- South Texas Health System was the first designated Level lll Trauma Center in Hidalgo County.
- Edinburg has all the charm of a small town combined with the amenities of a bigger city, as it is part of a metropolitan statistical area that includes over 1.2 million residents spread across two counties.
- The area is ideal for raising a family, offering short commute times, great public schools, a low cost of living, and a very close-knit sense of community.
- Edinburg is serviced by a regional airport that is well connected to the national hubs in Dallas and Houston.
- South Texas is an outdoors enthusiast’s paradise, with easy access to world-class hunting and fishing. South Padre Island is also just over a one hour drive from Edinburg.