Big, busy and complex! – Provide expert knowledge when you join a D.C. area hospital as an Interim Patient Safety Consultant
- The Interim Patient Safety Consultant will provide expert knowledge and leadership in regards to patient safety and related initiatives
- The Interim Consultant should be comfortable coaching and communicating with diverse groups in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
The Ideal Interim Candidate
- Nurse leader (RN BSN) with experience directly managing patient safety programs as a Directer of Patient Safety or Patient Safety Officer
- Demonstrated experience conducting root cause analyses and failure mode and effects analyses
- Proficient knowledge and training of patient safety strategies and tools
- Prior background in a large hospital (500+ beds) or health system
- Master’s degree preferred
- Falls Church, Virginia is an independent, historic city with a population of about 12,500 people
- The city is known for its small-town feel with the benefits of urban living, as well as its nationally-ranked school system and a plethora of environmental activities
- Falls Church sits 20 minutes outside of Washington, D.C., where you can visit national landmarks and museums such as The White House, the U.S. Supreme Court, or the Smithsonian
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; 401(k) retirement plan; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B.E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.