Just minutes away from the Atlantic Ocean beaches, Far Rockaway, NY is calling for an expert leader to join St. John’s Episcopal Hospital as the AVP of Finance
- The AVP will oversee the Director of Accounting, Director of FP, Director of Payroll and AP including 12 FTEs and 3 direct reports.
- Provide financial leadership for and direct the activities of all aspects of the organization’s core financial functions, including: general accounting, financial reporting, accounts payable, payroll, financial planning and analysis, budgeting, treasury (includes debt and cash management), cost accounting, government reimbursement and reporting and grant accounting.
- The focus areas for this role will include upgrading to systems as well as working to support strategic planning and growth initiatives.
- Initiate and oversee institutional projects related to improving financial performance, budgeting, and planning processes and financial decision making.
- Ideal candidates will bring a strong hospital finance background; Reimbursement experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's or CPA preferred.
- St. John’s Episcopal Hospital is the only full-service acute care hospital on the Rockaway Peninsula.
- St. John’s is a 257-bed community hospital affiliated with Episcopal Health Services and is comprised of more than 400 physicians and 1,500 employees.
- Accredited by The Joint Commission, St. John’s Episcopal Hospital is a New York State Designated Stroke Center and has recently been recognized for healthcare quality by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
- The facility is an active and growing provider of comprehensive medical surgical, emergency, and diagnostic services for residents of The Rockaways, The Five Towns, Southern, Queens, and Southwestern Nassau County.
- Far Rockaway is nestled on the Rockaway Peninsula in the New York City borough of Queens and is located just north of Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Sitting just over 20 miles from Manhattan, the town offers easy access to world-class shopping and dining, professional sports teams, and unrivaled entertainment options.
- Just minutes away from beaches on the Atlantic Ocean, residents enjoy surfing, swimming, or jet skiing at Jacob Riis Park and can see the famous Art Deco bathhouse – a staple of New York history.