Join Augusta Health, an innovative patient-focused organization, as their new Director of Communications and Public Relations in scenic Fishersville, Virginia!
- The Director of Communications and Public Relations is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of marketing strategies, communications, and public relations initiatives for Augusta Health.
- Reporting to the VP of Business Development and CSO, the Director will lead the alignment of communications and develop strategies to expand and strengthen products and services provided amongst a multitude of social platforms, including the representation both internal and external stakeholders.
- This Leader will collaborate with Human Resources, Community Outreach, and AMG to create communications materials including both internal and external marketing campaigns, ads, displays, and recruitment materials while assessing the effectiveness of listed initiatives as they pertain to employee engagement.
- The Director will develop the annual marketing budget while identifying anticipated communications costs, and will ensure that all marketing material adheres to the budget implemented. In addition, the Director will be responsible for invoice approval and monthly fiscal assessments.
- Responsible for the development of marketing tactics that align with the hospital’s strategic plans and will collaborate with external partners including graphic designers, printing companies, and consultants to coordinate logos, images, and design concepts to appropriately advertise Augusta Health.
- The Director will study the community, physicians, patients, and social agencies to scope out potential markets that align with current target audiences. This will include evaluating web analytics as they pertain to branding, logos, media formats, and collateral materials while ensuring that they are effective and consistent communication channels to accurately represent Augusta Health.
- This leader will be responsible for ensuring that all internal and external communications are within compliance expectations including HIPPA regulations. The Director will effectively communicate implemented initiatives through structured communication channels by analyzing both organizational and departmental policies, infection control mandates, and quality assurance initiatives.
- Seeking an innovative leader who will strive to align him/herself with the implanted mission of the organization and will ideally bring strong writing, presentation, editing, and communication skills within a related healthcare setting.
- Candidates must bring extensive knowledge pertaining to web analytics, marketing best practices, design production, and budget development. Additionally, the Director must have impeccable time management, organization, and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Augusta Health is a mission-driven, independent, nonprofit, community health system located on a 230-acre campus in Virginia’s scenic Shenandoah Valley.
- This 255-bed community hospital in Fishersville, Virginia offers highly trained physicians, state-of-the-art technology and an exceptional level of patient care.
- Becker’s Hospital Review for “100 Great Community Hospitals” recognized Augusta Health’s quality, patient satisfaction and overall excellence for eight years straight.
- Augusta Health has received the Healthgrades 2018 America's 50 Best Hospitals Award, marking the fourth consecutive year that Augusta Health has been awarded this recognition for clinical quality.
- The hospital maintains nationally accredited chest pain center and breast center programs.
- Augusta Health employs an integrated multispecialty group, Augusta Medical Group (AMG), comprised of approximately 200 physicians and advanced practice providers.
- Augusta Health has been recognized as a Best Regional Hospital in the Shenandoah Valley for 2020-2021.
- Fishersville is a small town roughly 30 minutes outside Charlottesville, Virginia.
- The Fishersville community includes Augusta County and the cities of Staunton and Waynesboro. Approximately 122,000 people live in the Augusta County, Staunton and Waynesboro region, and more than 200,000 in the entire service area of Augusta Health.
- The Shenandoah Valley is one of the most scenic in the U.S. with the Blue Ridge Mountains at its eastern border and the Allegheny Mountains, including the Great North Mountain, at its western border.
- Cultural options include community and professional theatre, musical performing arts, historic sites, museums, libraries, art galleries and artisan centers.