Augusta Health, an innovative patient-focused organization, is seeking their next Director of Acute Care Services to join them in this exciting opportunity in Fishersville, Virginia!
- The Director of Acute Care Services will serve as a key member of the executive leadership team and will be responsible for the direction and implementation of departmental operations within Augusta Health.
- Reporting to the Assistant Chief Nursing Officer (ACNO), the Director of Acute Care Services will oversee five Unit Managers from ICU, PCU, Surgical and Joint, and two additional medical units and will be responsible for a total of approximately 150+ FTEs.
- The Director will be responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of physician relationships, program development, customer satisfaction, and departmental budgets to ensure that departmental and organization objectives are effectively achieved.
- This leader will focus primarily on the ongoing departmental initiatives including patient satisfaction, performance improvement, professional and regulatory compliance, and fall rates.
- Seeking a visionary leader who will be able to effectively drive collaboration and communication to ensure strong relationships with physicians, employee engagement, and accountability throughout the department.
- Candidates will ideally bring extensive knowledge pertaining to local, state, and federal compliance regulations, critical thinking skills, professional development, and continued education programs.
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree and/or master’s degree in another healthcare-related field is required.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of three years of management experience within an acute care setting is required.
- Augusta Health is a mission-driven, independent, nonprofit, community health system located on a 230-acre campus in Virginia’s scenic Shenandoah Valley.
- This 255-bed community hospital in Fishersville, Virginia offers highly trained physicians, state-of-the-art technology and an exceptional level of patient care.
- Becker’s Hospital Review for “100 Great Community Hospitals” recognized Augusta Health’s quality, patient satisfaction and overall excellence for eight years straight.
- Augusta Health has received the Healthgrades 2018 America's 50 Best Hospitals Award, marking the fourth consecutive year that Augusta Health has been awarded this recognition for clinical quality.
- The hospital maintains nationally accredited chest pain center and breast center programs.
- Augusta Health employs an integrated multispecialty group, Augusta Medical Group (AMG), comprised of approximately 200 physicians and advanced practice providers.
- Augusta Health has been recognized as a Best Regional Hospital in the Shenandoah Valley for 2020-2021.
- Fishersville is a small town roughly 30 minutes outside Charlottesville, Virginia.
- The Fishersville community includes Augusta County and the cities of Staunton and Waynesboro. Approximately 122,000 people live in the Augusta County, Staunton and Waynesboro region, and more than 200,000 in the entire service area of Augusta Health.
- The Shenandoah Valley is one of the most scenic in the U.S. with the Blue Ridge Mountains at its eastern border and the Allegheny Mountains, including the Great North Mountain, at its western border.
- Cultural options include community and professional theatre, musical performing arts, historic sites, museums, libraries, art galleries and artisan centers.