Augusta Health is seeking a strategic leader to join their team as the new Director of Women’s and Children’s Services in beautiful Fishersville, Virginia!
- The Director of Women’s and Children’s Services will be responsible for the organization and management of patient care delivery throughout the 18-bed Obstetrical (OB) and 8-bed Pediatric unit, while overseeing approximately 50 FTEs.
- Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), the Director of Women’s and Children’s Services will manage the operational and financial resources throughout the units to ensure that operations are consistently efficient and effective.
- The Director will work to provide strategic staffing solutions throughout both units, ensuring that each unit is fully staffed and is adequately equipped to handle patient volumes. This will include continual collaboration with the Operating Room (OR) and Emergency Department staff members.
- This Director will strive to enforce accountability, diversity, collaboration, and inclusivity by establishing positive working relationships with nursing staff, physicians, and leadership to ensure a sturdy and trusting foundation within the department.
- Candidates will ideally bring strong clinical experience within an obstetric and/or pediatric setting and will preferably bring work experience dealing with diverse cultures while being equipped to deliver equal and optimal patient care.
- The Director will have the ability to mentor and coach staff members, ensuring that they are following and embracing operational changes while upholding accountability to guarantee that implemented procedures are in accordance with organizational and agency regulations.
- Seeking a strong and strategic leader to provide the necessary business perspectives needed to create a proactive plan, ensuring that the department will be able to achieve implemented goals and expectations moving forward while improving the overall quality of patient care.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree and active RN license are required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Augusta Health is a mission-driven, independent, nonprofit, community health system located on a 230-acre campus in Virginia’s scenic Shenandoah Valley.
- This 255-bed community hospital in Fishersville, Virginia offers highly trained physicians, state-of-the-art technology and an exceptional level of patient care.
- Becker’s Hospital Review for “100 Great Community Hospitals” recognized Augusta Health’s quality, patient satisfaction and overall excellence for eight years straight. Additionally, Augusta Health was awarded their fourth consecutive ‘A’ Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade for the spring of 2022.
- Augusta Health has received the Healthgrades 2018 America's 50 Best Hospitals Award, marking the fourth consecutive year that Augusta Health has been awarded this recognition for clinical quality.
- The hospital maintains nationally accredited chest pain center and breast center programs.
- Augusta Health employs an integrated multispecialty group, Augusta Medical Group (AMG), comprised of approximately 200 physicians and advanced practice providers.
- Augusta Health has been recognized as a U.S. News & World Report “Best Regional Hospital” in the Shenandoah Valley for 2020-2021.
- Fishersville, Virginia, is nestled between Waynesboro and Staunton in Northern Virginia and offers a great family and educational atmosphere with a lower-than-average cost of living. If you want a quiet town located only minutes away from a handful of bustling places to visit, you'll find it in Fishersville. Within three hours is Washington, DC, and Virginia Beach.
- The Fishersville community includes Augusta County and the cities of Staunton and Waynesboro. Approximately 122,000 people live in the Augusta County, Staunton and Waynesboro region, and more than 200,000 in the entire service area of Augusta Health. Staunton was named “one of the best small towns in America” by Smithsonian magazine.
- The Shenandoah Valley is one of the most scenic in the U.S. with the Blue Ridge Mountains at its eastern border and the Allegheny Mountains, including the Great North Mountain, at its western border. This area is a treasure land of natural wonders and historical, cultural, and shopping activities. The region boasts numerous Civil War Trails, Grand Caverns and Natural Chimneys, and an abundance of fine dining and lodging facilities.
- Cultural options include community and professional theatre, musical performing arts, historic sites, museums, libraries, art galleries, and artisan centers.