Mary Washington Healthcare is seeking an experienced leader to join them as their new Director of Pathology and Laboratory Services in beautiful Fredericksburg, Virginia!
- The Director of Pathology and Laboratory Services is responsible for the overall operations within three of Mary Washington Healthcare’s (MWHC) Pathology and Laboratory Services, including Stafford Hospital (100 bed), Mary Washington Hospital (470 bed), and the Emergency Department.
- Reporting to the Director of Clinical Operations, the Director of Pathology and Laboratory Services will strive to create and maintain excellence within clinical practice, testing accuracy, reporting, and compliance to ensure optimal patient care.
- This leader will develop and maintain processes and methodologies to adhere to College of American Pathology (CAP) and Joint Commission regulatory and compliance standards.
- Responsible for the fiscal oversight throughout the department and will optimize cost effectiveness and service quality while developing processes pertaining to cost containment.
- The Director will facilitate logistical operations within supply movement, mail distribution, and specimen logistics and will effectively resolve any quality, system, or operational setbacks.
- Will utilize measurable benchmark outcomes to analyze areas of improvement including operational efficiencies, quality, timeliness, and cost-effective resource utilization. Responsible for the development of strategic plans that meet community, organizational, and departmental goals.
- Seeking a knowledgeable leader who will be able to efficiently facilitate coordination and communication with executive leadership, staff, and physicians to ensure a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Candidates will ideally bring 5+ years of experience within an acute care laboratory setting and will bring previous laboratory management and/or hospital management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology with ASCP certification is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Founded in 1899, Mary Washington Healthcare (MWHC) is a 471-bed regional medical center located in Fredericksburg, Virginia, and offers 50+ healthcare facilities and wellness services for their community.
- As part of Mary Washington Healthcare, Stafford Hospital is a 100-bed hospital, and is a Joint Commission-accredited community hospital that values their longstanding commitment to caring for their communities.
- Both Mary Washington Healthcare as well as Stafford Hospital is accredited by more than one-dozen associations within numerous specialties, and are accredited by The Joint Commission, and strive to emphasize the importance of patient safety, performance improvement, medical support, and nursing excellence throughout MWHC.
- MWHCs mission is to enhance the quality of life throughout their community as the look to improve access to healthcare services, enhance the overall health of the community, advance medical knowledge, and implement non-profit community efforts to relive the financial burdens of their patients.
- Fredericksburg is tucked along the East Coast, sitting midway between Richmond, Virginia and Washington, D.C. offering a mix of both urban and rural lifestyles.
- With a rich history, dating back to before the Civil War, Fredericksburg has plenty of historical attractions that will whisk you away to another time, including George Washington’s childhood home, Civil War battlefields, and the Trail to Freedom.
- The region boasts over 600 dining options, top-rated golf courses, local wineries, and specialty boutiques, antique shops, and art galleries found in Old Town Fredericksburg.
- Fredericksburg, Virginia, offers 37 public school districts in addition to 18 private schools, serving a total of approximately 28,284 students. In addition, Fredericksburg is home to both University of Mary Washington, and Eastern Virginia Career college.