Mary Washington Hospital is seeking an experienced leader to join them as their next OR Manager in beautiful Fredericksburg, Virginia!
- The Manager of Operating Room (OR) will be responsible for the oversight of day-to-day operations throughout the department while ensuring optimal patient care within Mary Washington Hospital.
- Reporting to the Director, the OR Manager will collaborate closely with the Director to maintain departmental initiatives including quality, budget, patient satisfaction, and quality care.
- The OR Manager will be responsible for the implementation, development, and maintenance of process improvement initiatives throughout the department and will provide leadership and support for ortho, neuro, general surgery, robotics, OBGYN, and SPD.
- This leader will be responsible for managing and maintaining staff management, including flexing, scheduling, determining staff goals, and exuding leadership and mentorship for staff members when needed.
- Seeking a visionary leader who will be able to effectively drive collaboration and communication to ensure strong relationships with physicians, employee engagement, and accountability throughout the department.
- Candidates will ideally bring extensive knowledge pertaining to local, state, and federal compliance regulations, critical thinking skills, problem solving, and professional development.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree is required.
- Active compact RN license is required.
- Active AHA BLS certification is required.
- A minimum of five years of clinical nursing experience is required; Two years of managerial experience within an acute care setting is required.
- Founded in 1899, Mary Washington Healthcare (MWHC) is a 471-bed regional medical center located in Fredericksburg, Virginia, and offers 50+ healthcare facilities and wellness services for their community.
- As part of Mary Washington Healthcare, Stafford Hospital is a 100-bed hospital, and is a Joint Commission-accredited community hospital that values their longstanding commitment to caring for their communities.
- Both Mary Washington Healthcare as well as Stafford Hospital is accredited by more than one-dozen associations within numerous specialties, and are accredited by The Joint Commission, and strive to emphasize the importance of patient safety, performance improvement, medical support, and nursing excellence throughout MWHC.
- MWHCs mission is to enhance the quality of life throughout their community as the look to improve access to healthcare services, enhance the overall health of the community, advance medical knowledge, and implement non-profit community efforts to relive the financial burdens of their patients.
- Fredericksburg is tucked along the East Coast, sitting midway between Richmond, Virginia and Washington, D.C. offering a mix of both urban and rural lifestyles.
- With a rich history, dating back to before the Civil War, Fredericksburg has plenty of historical attractions that will whisk you away to another time, including George Washington’s childhood home, Civil War battlefields, and the Trail to Freedom.
- The region boasts over 600 dining options, top-rated golf courses, local wineries, and specialty boutiques, antique shops, and art galleries found in Old Town Fredericksburg.
- Fredericksburg, Virginia, offers 37 public school districts in addition to 18 private schools, serving a total of approximately 28,284 students. In addition, Fredericksburg is home to both University of Mary Washington, and Eastern Virginia Career college.