Washington Hospital Healthcare System in picturesque Fremont, California is seeking a dynamic leader to fill the role of Director of Facilities!
- The Director of Facilities will be responsible for organizing, controlling, planning, and developing departmental operations pertaining to facilities and ground maintenance within the Washington Hospital Healthcare system.
- Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this leader will oversee a team of 25 FTEs.
- This leader will oversee the daily operations of the department, ensuring timely completion of work orders. Additionally, they will play a key role in coordinating building expansions, remodels, and new construction projects. Ensuring ongoing compliance with Joint Commission standards will also be a priority.
- Ideal candidates will be seasoned leaders with a strong business acumen, possessing excellent communication and team-building skills. Proficiency in California building codes related to healthcare regulation will be essential, and prior experience with unions is advantageous.
- This position requires full onsite presence; remote or hybrid work arrangements are not available
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s preferred.
- Certified Healthcare Facilities Manager (CHFM) preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of five years facilities management experience within a healthcare environment.
- Washington Hospital Healthcare System is made up of a 414-bed acute care hospital and a number of outpatient facilities and specialty care centers.
- The system maintains magnet designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center which is the nation's highest recognition of excellence in nursing care. Washington Hospital is among just 8% of U.S. hospitals that have achieved Magnet status and has held this prestigious distinction since 2011.
- Washington Hospital Healthcare System has made tremendous upgrades and expansions to critical care, emergency services, med/surg, imaging, labor & delivery, and OR.
- The operating room services 300 to 400 cases each month within the surgery department.
- Fremont is in the southeastern San Francisco Bay area and is the closest East Bay city to Silicon Valley.
- The city has much to offer - including art galleries, local farmers markets, historic attractions, and several parks for land and water activities.
- San Francisco is just over an hour from Fremont, making for a fun and convenient weekend destination.
- Fremont, California, is home to many school districts and 39 school campuses to choose form including both private, and public schooling options.
- Mission Peak is a mountain peak located east of Fremont, California. It is the northern summit on a ridge that includes Mount Allison and Monument Peak. It is popular with local hikers, bicyclists, and sightseers as well as tourists from further away for its view of Silicon Valley and strenuous climb.